shandypants

I think Reach will be sold...

With Bruce's comments pre Leeds about him being versatile and happy to play anywhere, I think he'll be on the retain list.

We've got many great players who spend too much time in the medical room, these are the ones i feel will be shown the door, even if just to free up wages.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Think he would rather sell other players like Joao, Winnall, Also think Forestieri and Bannan could go as FF has not recovered form we know he is capable of and BB has limitations in system we are playing. think it depends on who we are able to acquire.

out of that lot only bannan is presently a 'regular' with us waiting for ff to recover fitness and form.

• Agree 1

Joao and forestieri will be sold 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Having given some thought following yesterday’s game, I think there are few you would say we must keep.  I would however put Reach in that category.  It is important to put down a marker about the ambition we have and selling players with reputations gives a negative impression.  

Consequently I would not sell Westwood, Hutchinson, Bannan, Reach Lees, or Fletcher.  Any if the rest can go if the price is right

Edited by Tommycraign10others
Omission
  • Like 1

I think Reach will be sold if we can’t move on players like Joao, Rhodes, Winnall and Forestieri. 

If we really are £15mil in the FunFP hole, then Reach & another will have to go, before Bruce can bring in a freebie left back 

BruceWut.png.ea1fe1e2a009840f06ba6ec124829145.png

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

I think offers will be considered for any of our players. And so they should. Bruce knows how to build a side. Didn't Big Ron sell Dalian Atkinson to fund 3 or 4 quality signings? I think Rolls Royce Nilsson may have been one of them. It can be done. 

Nah, the Rolls Royce was already at the club but it bought Whispering Willo, Didwell Wilson and Flashman Harkes. :Sid:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fudge27 said:

If we can sell Reach and FF and get between 12-15 mil plus wages saved from releasing most of the out of contract we can release so funds for Bruce and we've already seen how shrewd he can be with Iorfa and Aarons especially 

between 12 and 15 for the pair..not a chance in hell think your doubling their actual value imo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Our best player.

Be shocking to see him go. This injury aside, alway fit, reliable, scores and creates. Key player, one loss and he’s rubbish.

Despair at our fans.

Amazing how differently our supporters rate our players isn’t it. Guy in front of me at the Forest match did nothing but praise Pelupessy who he thought was doing both Bannan and Hutchinson’s jobs so well. At the same time he was castigating Reach and Joao (who made two great assists) for contributing nothing to the team.

Lets just accept that we all have our own opinions and when Bruce makes his decisions some of us are going to be very unhappy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Amazing how differently our supporters rate our players isn’t it. Guy in front of me at the Forest match did nothing but praise Pelupessy who he thought was doing both Bannan and Hutchinson’s jobs so well. At the same time he was castigating Reach and Joao (who made two great assists) for contributing nothing to the team.

Lets just accept that we all have our own opinions and when Bruce makes his decisions some of us are going to be very unhappy.

8 goals and 7 assists this season.

People cry out for a goal scoring midfielder, yet can’t see what’s right in front of them. We have a top top player at this level in Reach, he’s the one who will be difficult to replace.

Plays week in week out. The last player I want to see leave. 

• Agree 4

If we have to raise the sort of money the OP suggests, it’s unlikely to be raised by selling players we don’t want

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Reach is an excellent player...

In saying that, we might have to sell someone in the summer, who knows. 

2 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I think offers will be considered for any of our players. And so they should. Bruce knows how to build a side. Didn't Big Ron sell Dalian Atkinson to fund 3 or 4 quality signings? I think Rolls Royce Nilsson may have been one of them. It can be done. 

Paul Williams and Danny Wilson were the main signings with the Atkinson money.

Nilsson was signed the previous season when we were relegated. 

Great player that Dalian was it didn’t work out too bad for us overall 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

anything between 5-8 million would snap ya hands off

if some are saying he's our best player ,we are in bigger trouble than I first thought

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, owlontheprowl said:

Paul Williams and Danny Wilson were the main signings with the Atkinson money.

Nilsson was signed the previous season when we were relegated. 

Great player that Dalian was it didn’t work out too bad for us overall 

Aye, you could say that Dalian Atkinson bought Paul Williams, Danny Wilson, John Harkes, and Gordon Watson with some change left afterwards.

Not bad for an original £450,000 outlay, I think it was.

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If we really are up the creek without a paddle we need to sell any player if the price is right. Fringe players can go reasonably cheap but the best players will only go for serious money. That has always been the best way to run a football club and we should get back to it now we have a proper manager.

• Like 1

I’d happily Sacrifice Reach in favour of someone who has abit a pace and can actually beat a man and deliver a cross

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Reach is an excellent player...

In saying that, we might have to sell someone in the summer, who knows. 

He has undoubted quality, but he needs to be more consistent for me, all too often he drifts in and out of games, and sometimes goes missing altogether 

If we could get upwards of £5m for him I’d back Bruce to bring in 2 or 3 with the money to improve the side 

It’ll be a major facepalm if we have to sell Reach, considering the amount of other players that we don’t need / want.  

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

8 goals and 7 assists this season.

People cry out for a goal scoring midfielder, yet can’t see what’s right in front of them. We have a top top player at this level in Reach, he’s the one who will be difficult to replace.

Plays week in week out. The last player I want to see leave. 

But no one is saying he should go. It’s a discussion on whether he will. It’s generally accepted that he’s one of our best players. I would hate him to go but I believe he will be sold. 

Edited by shandypants