I think Reach will be sold...

...to balance the books. With Reach, we’re in the position (in terms of potential return on investment) that we were with Forestieri a couple of seasons ago. I think Bruce will reluctantly “cash in” to fund other signings and/or to retain other players. 

Guest gizowl

Possibly our biggest asset, if someone was prepared to meet our valuation I would let him go, too lightweight for me personally, would also offload winnall and Dawson and possibly Fox. 

Good player but certainly one id be willing to sacrifice if it meant we could build a stronger squad. Same goes for Bannan.

No room for sentiment in football.

Id say they are both worth north of £10 million.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, shandypants said:

...to balance the books. With Reach, we’re in the position (in terms of potential return on investment) that we were with Forestieri a couple of seasons ago. I think Bruce will reluctantly “cash in” to fund other signings and/or to retain other players. 

Id rather sell Fessi than Reach .

It would be a shame, but it seems likely to me given the chairman’s statement about us being ‘in trouble’ if we don’t get promoted.

I imagine we’d need to sell a few. I’m less worried as we have Bruce picking replacements. 

8 minutes ago, trev said:

Good player but certainly one id be willing to sacrifice if it meant we could build a stronger squad. Same goes for Bannan.

No room for sentiment in football.

Id say they are both worth north of £10 million.

Totally agree also add foresteri as well, we need a more balanced squad

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Possibly our biggest asset, if someone was prepared to meet our valuation I would let him go, too lightweight for me personally, would also offload winnall and Dawson and possibly Fox. 

Our biggest asset in terms of saleability, but not someone who is crucial to the way we play Don’t get me wrong, he’s a quality player, and I’d much rather keep him, but he is one of those who is expendable Personally I don’t envisage us playing 4-4-2 next season and can foresee difficulties when it comes to finding the best role for Reach

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Our biggest asset in terms of saleability, but not someone who is crucial to the way we play Don’t get me wrong, he’s a quality player, and I’d much rather keep him, but he is one of those who is expendable Personally I don’t envisage us playing 4-4-2 next season and can foresee difficulties when it comes to finding the best role for Reach

You don’t fancy him wide in a five? Gets a good number of balls in and prepared to put the defensive work in that Bruce seems to require.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You don’t fancy him wide in a five? Gets a good number of balls in and prepared to put the defensive work in that Bruce seems to require.

No I’d love to keep him, but if we need to cash in, then it probably has to be him. In a five, yes he’d be very good and he has goals in him. Were we to play five across the middle, we need the wide players to be goal scorers, like the ones Bruce had at Villa and Hull That for me would throw a question mark over Aarons, as his goal scoring record is not good

Edited by gurujuan

I think offers will be considered for any of our players. And so they should. Bruce knows how to build a side. Didn't Big Ron sell Dalian Atkinson to fund 3 or 4 quality signings? I think Rolls Royce Nilsson may have been one of them. It can be done. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, shandypants said:

No chance Reach is to important to the team he plays in many positions.

Fessi may go however there are enough players out of contract which will enable the club to reduce the wage bill

Edited by akbuk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Our best player.

Be shocking to see him go. This injury aside, alway fit, reliable, scores and creates. Key player, one loss and he’s rubbish.

Despair at our fans.

I’m not saying he’s rubbish, I think he’s  arguably our best player and I rated him very highly in yesterday’s game (see MoM thread); I just think we’ll sell him. Stop being so precious. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thing with Reach is... how much does it cost to get a replacments.

There's transfer value and playing value. If you know what I mean.

Indeed but all of the conditions we find ourselves in point to a big sale this summer. 

Also, Reach looks like an ambitious player on his way up to me. 

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

but i'd give winnall a run till the end of the season, he's had goals in him before.

• Like 2

Think he would rather sell other players like Joao, Winnall, Also think Forestieri and Bannan could go as FF has not recovered form we know he is capable of and BB has limitations in system we are playing. think it depends on who we are able to acquire.