Eric Cantona - it’s a myth

According to Trevor Francis in his new autobiography we were never going to sign Eric anyway. Article in the Stir today which I managed to find amid all the obvious distress caused by the Blunt’s exploits yesterday.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-it-s-just-a-myth-trevor-francis-gives-his-side-of-the-story-on-why-eric-cantona-did-not-sign-for-the-owls-in-1992-1-9710104

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

According to Trevor Francis in his new autobiography we were never going to sign Eric anyway. Article in the Stir today which I managed to find amid all the obvious distress caused by the Blunt’s exploits yesterday.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-it-s-just-a-myth-trevor-francis-gives-his-side-of-the-story-on-why-eric-cantona-did-not-sign-for-the-owls-in-1992-1-9710104

Why didn't he make that clear at the time if I remember at the time it was definitely made clear we had first dibs on him. In fact when Cantona went to Man U on the cheap after a difficult time at Leeds, Francis was in the press saying this shows he was right in not signing him 

55 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Why didn't he make that clear at the time if I remember at the time it was definitely made clear we had first dibs on him. In fact when Cantona went to Man U on the cheap after a difficult time at Leeds, Francis was in the press saying this shows he was right in not signing him 

I've never heard it called that before. :tango:garymegsonlol:Sid:

Trevor Francis was a legend at this club no matter what some will always say on here, big fat Judas Ron's team and all that blah,blah,blah, the guy got us to 2 cup finals and European football, nearly won us the league and some great football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Why would he tell the truth, only a complete turnip would hold their hands up and say they missed out on one of the players of the century on a free transfer.

Then you can simply dismiss anything anyone ever says and you win the argument.  But I don't think it would be a very good way of reaching the truth.

To be fair, it's not just like he has said it now, this story came out yonks ago, don't know if TF had already written an earlier Autobiography, or if it was just in the press but he has said it before.  Old news.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

23 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Out of all the clubs why come from France to train with us for 2 days to then join leeds. Sounds a right load of testicles