A12owl

What happened to our supporters yesterday.

That's not a criticism. Read the rest.

From what I saw and heard Sky never showed much of our supporters. I couldn't hear them during the Match.

Another of Sky's technical wizardry to block the noise from them?

I'm sure they made as much noise as usual but it was not heard. Their lot were unusually quiet (probably nerves) so we should have been heard.

Can anybody who went confirm what our support was like.

Lots of noise first half, much quieter during second half. 

Heard a fair amount on sky then they apologised for the swearing and the crowd was muted out. 

We tend to be quiet most games tbh. 

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Thought we made a lot of noise first half. Fell a bit flat second. Have to say that the arrangements outside the ground both before and after were appalling. I imagine a fair few will have missed the KO.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Thought we made a lot of noise first half. Fell a bit flat second. Have to say that the arrangements outside the ground both before and after were appalling. I imagine a fair few will have missed the KO.

Pretty much this. Noise was good first half. After their goal was a bit flat. 

Organisation outside the ground was a joke getting in. 

Posted (edited)

Too busy fighting with each other again......standing on its own not enough these days, you have to stand on your seat to show you are a man and if the guardian of a 12 year old lad asks you to get down so the lad can see offer to knock him out and get a bloke in his 50’s to offer the comment that “he shouldn’t be such a short arse”

Keep all that up for 90 minutes without laying a finger on anyone and you really do have the hardest gob at the match 

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Sad 2

id say we were a lot quieter than normal apart from singing the above ,but can you blame us? we were absolute garbage again as was we were at stoke, the only good thing about this is steve bruce is now seeing the problems and they need addressing ,thought bannan had yet another pathetic game the man aint god like some of you think  and quite often we are carrying a passenger when he plays . steve bruce has a busy summer getting this sorted , hooper again looked lost again . apart from the game I did enjoy the day though

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

id say we were a lot quieter than normal apart from singing the above ,but can you blame us? we were absolute garbage again as was we were at stoke, the only good thing about this is steve bruce is now seeing the problems and they need addressing ,thought bannan had yet another pathetic game the man aint god like some of you think  and quite often we are carrying a passenger when he plays . steve bruce has a busy summer getting this sorted , hooper again looked lost again . apart from the game I did enjoy the day though

Let's hope it's not Bruce who is the problem, keeps setting us up not to lose and playing Fox and Boyd to often for me. 

He has made a vast difference in the short time he has been here and the progress is there for all to see, just wish he would let the players off the leash more and go for the win.  I can understand why he would be defensive against Leeds as they are a very good side but sometimes he falls into the same trap as recent Wednesday managers and respecting the opposition too much. We have some very good players.

Will be interesting to see if can sign more payers of the same calibre as he has already signed with his contacts it's quite exciting what he might be able to produce.  Hopefully, DC can free up some dosh to allow Bruce to up the quality of his signings. 

52 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Pretty much this. Noise was good first half. After their goal was a bit flat. 

Organisation outside the ground was a joke getting in. 

it was I was stuck in long line too , what was it like getting out? I went on 90 mins and good job I did as cops were going on lock down after me and a few others got through  the gates . I wouldn't have liked to stay any longer and listen to them parasites gloating any more.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mardy Bum said:

We tend to be quiet most games tbh. 

Not away games.

• Disagree 1

I was there and thought it was good.

Yesterday convinced me that we need to close the top of the Kop & grandstand to get people compact. The atmosphere at Hillsborough is terrible nowadays and I think its because we are all spread out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

I was there and thought it was good.

Yesterday convinced me that we need to close the top of the Kop & grandstand to get people compact. The atmosphere at Hillsborough is terrible nowadays and I think its because we are all spread out.

If we were 2nd in the league with 4 games to go Hillsborough would be the same though. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Hooper again looked lost ? Why pick him out from that performance yesterday ? 

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

he was miles off it and yes so were a few others. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

he was miles off it and yes so were a few others. 

It’s clear he is not up to full fitness as yet , but surely you can see what he brings to the team ? Leeds made it very difficult for us to get any passing movements going .

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Too busy fighting with each other again......standing on its own not enough these days, you have to stand on your seat to show you are a man and if the guardian of a 12 year old lad asks you to get down so the lad can see offer to knock him out and get a bloke in his 50’s to offer the comment that “he shouldn’t be such a short arse”

Keep all that up for 90 minutes without laying a finger on anyone and you really do have the hardest gob at the match 

I could see something wasn't right. I was in the upper tier so wasn't sure what had gone off. Young lad looked really upset. Hope he's OK 

4 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

apart from Westwood,Hutch,Lees Palmer they were all poor,

20 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

apart from Westwood,Hutch,Lees Palmer they were all poor,

Thought Hector was immense  especially second half 

• Agree 2