Sam Hutchinson

9 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Hutchinson and Bannan will always be exposed against good teams.

They've both got quality but definitely need a physical player in next to them to chase down and compete in the air.

We've had a glimpse into the future by the way Leeds mounted attack after attack with no challenge in the middle of the park.

They're showing the energy levels that can only be achieved by top athletes...and they've got the skill to match at our level.

That's where we've got to get to...and we haven't got the tools to do it as things stand.

As a midfield 2.

Every so often you climb out of the depths of your fertile imagination and dreams and write a post full of wisdom and footballing knowledge, a very well written post.

Post of the day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, torryowl said:

but surely he'd know that if a team as good as leeds  plays a 3 and we only have a 2 that we'd  be out gunned ….reach can play in the middle so he could have put him in there or pelupessy who didn't let him down against forest …...bruce is no fool and what happened in other games against lesser sides that plays a 3 we have had  success against   cant have influenced him …….. 

He is trying to get who he considers our best players on the pitch.

He has generally played a central 3 at previous clubs and I am 100% sure he knows the reasons why teams need to do this.

He is also still learning about our players. He thinks that playing Hooper or FF in a number 10 role dropping back to sit on their defensive midfielder when needed is a better selection than putting Joey in the middle. It worked in the main against Villa because Whelan is not that mobile but I personally don’t think the role is the way to go, it is outdated.

It will be interesting to see his approach against Norwich.

Hutch is awesome, simples.

I feel a bit for Brucey at the moment, the Leeds game was a perfect game to stay compact and play on the counter, the only problem with that is that we don't have anyone, other than Aarons who is suited to it.

Fletcher and Hooper need a bit of pace around them, Boyd plays in flip flops.

Reach and Matias could be useful but you need more than one option.

I am sure Mr Bruce will rectify this in the summer.

22 hours ago, Loughborough Owl said:

4312 probably would suit us next season:

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Hector (hopefully) New LB

Reach Hutchinson Bannan

Forestieri

Hooper/New ST Fletcher

I hope to god that's not our midfield next season, or strike force.