Sam Hutchinson

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

O Hara's IPA

Bit of a headache now tho.

Pint of water, 2 paracetamol, fresh air.

Be reyt.

12 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Great player. Him and Bannan struggled yesterday but they were out-numbered 3 against 2. 

Both would look better in a midfield 3 but will we do it next season? Norwich, Leeds and pigs play with 3 in the middle. Interesting!

The bannan, hutch, lee dream team will be back next year to finish what they started 

believe 

21 hours ago, torryowl said:

who would you have alongside if all games were like that and what system would you play ?...…..

I've long considered that it's not a good idea to play a 2 in midfield against an opposition 3 - so i'd change formation to have a 3

Overall system - probably a 3-5-2 - or 4-3-1-2

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scram said:

I've long considered that it's not a good idea to play a 2 in midfield against an opposition 3 - so i'd change formation to have a 3

i'm not one who gets involved or even knows too much about the tactical side of the game but bruce obviously does …….this is not having a dig at you but bruce would know that leeds play a 3 and yet he plays a 2 so what do you see that he doesn't …..

• Like 2

Hutchinson and Bannan will always be exposed against good teams.

They've both got quality but definitely need a physical player in next to them to chase down and compete in the air.

We've had a glimpse into the future by the way Leeds mounted attack after attack with no challenge in the middle of the park.

They're showing the energy levels that can only be achieved by top athletes...and they've got the skill to match at our level.

That's where we've got to get to...and we haven't got the tools to do it as things stand.

As a midfield 2.

Edited by Costello 77
Ambiguity
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'm not one who gets involved or even knows too much about the tactical side of the game but bruce obviously does …….this is not having a dig at you but bruce would know that leeds play a 3 and yet he plays a 2 so what do you see that he doesn't …..

Probably a couple of things.

The run of form we’d been on playing a relatively traditional formation, and lack of choice for the third central midfielder

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Probably a couple of things.

The run of form we’d been on playing a relatively traditional formation, and lack of choice for the third central midfielder

but surely he'd know that if a team as good as leeds  plays a 3 and we only have a 2 that we'd  be out gunned ….reach can play in the middle so he could have put him in there or pelupessy who didn't let him down against forest …...bruce is no fool and what happened in other games against lesser sides that plays a 3 we have had  success against   cant have influenced him …….. 

56 minutes ago, torryowl said:

You could also ask what does Pep, Klopp, Poch, Sarri et al see that Bruce doesn't?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scram said:

4312 probably would suit us next season:

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Hector (hopefully) New LB

Reach Hutchinson Bannan

Forestieri

Hooper/New ST Fletcher

10 minutes ago, scram said:

You could also ask what does Pep, Klopp, Poch, Sarri et al see that Bruce doesn't?

exactly …..even wilder  ………..so bruce;s way  isn't the answer and yet we all think he can do well for us .  

2 hours ago, scram said:

They played a fluid 343,which wolves used last term,we got undone because our back four couldnt cope so we had to defend deeper and withdraw midfielders to cover their 3 strikers.

We couldnt find space to get out as they pressed up on to our toes,the pressure just kept mounting,we got lucky with a one goal defeat,on another day we could have got really hammered.

We could quite easily  reverted to 3 at the back and flooded the MF with 5 and make them play over the top,but at least wed have got a foot in the game,dissapointed king bruce fluffed it tactically.

Unimpressed.......you bet!

5 hours ago, Loughborough Owl said:

4312 probably would suit us next season:

Westwood

Iorfa Lees Hector (hopefully) New LB

Reach Hutchinson Bannan

Forestieri

Hooper/New ST Fletcher

That's a slow tired looking seen it all before midfield