Time to start rebuilding now!

1 hour ago, darra said:

If we are to make big changes it needs to be done as soon as the window opens. Getting a lot of new players playing as a team can be hard enough without signing them with a couple of weeks left in the window or as we have done in the past a couple of days left.

Im sure Bruce is already working on targets to do early business. 

Its hard to know, dunno about budgets, dunno about Embargos, don't even know about points deductions or owt yet.

I would presume there will be no points deduction..if there is..do it now...perfect

Sell FF we have done fine without him, he's a luxury we don't really need nor can really afford

Hooper..Its tempting, but will he ever be fully fit...sell

Joao....?..I honestly don't know....Its all promise and no real substance...I would keep him cos I'm scared of him going somewhere else and suddenly doing what we know he CAN do,,,consistently.

Westwood...Keep

lee....bloody sentimental tat...Keep him on a pay as you play thing if possible

Fletcher  ..Keep

Hector...try and keep him either on loan or if we can afford it...pay it...

Aarons..same as Hector, but if it was one or the other...Hector

Palmer keep, the blokes mr consistent, and covers both left and right back now

Bannan...Keep

Reach...I reckon he's the one that would bring in the most money...reluctantly sell if it means keeping such as Hector.

No doubt Bruce will be wheeling and dealing as we speak...this is simply a think through exercise for fans...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

If Bruce is going to freshen up the squad then it needs to be done as soon as rules allow. 

Traditionally teams that have wholesale changes struggle in the early parts of the season until the players get to know each other and the systems. 

Bruce needs a full preseason with a set of players that are going to make up the core of his team for next season. The odd last minute addition shouldn't be a problem. 

As has already been suggested.....Bruce will already know who he will keep, who he will let go and to a certain extent , who he wants to sign. He will have feelers out with his contacts for potential purchases. Providing FFP or wherever rules we need to keep on the right side, he will have told DC how he wants to create a new team capable of pushing for promotion. 

I think DC has appointed Bruce to organise everything on the football side. He seems to have stepped out of the spotlight and let Bruce get on with it. 

Bruce is a proven success at this level . DC would be mad to interfere.

In Bruce we must trust.

To DC we say thank you for seeing sense. Get your cheque book out . 

lol:Chansiri:

A fine pair if ever I saw one. 

*Hums an' rocks backwards and forwards*

35 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its hard to know, dunno about budgets, dunno about Embargos, don't even know about points deductions or owt yet.

I would presume there will be no points deduction..if there is..do it now...perfect

Sell FF we have done fine without him, he's a luxury we don't really need nor can really afford

Hooper..Its tempting, but will he ever be fully fit...sell

Joao....?..I honestly don't know....Its all promise and no real substance...I would keep him cos I'm scared of him going somewhere else and suddenly doing what we know he CAN do,,,consistently.

Westwood...Keep

lee....bloody sentimental tat...Keep him on a pay as you play thing if possible

Fletcher  ..Keep

Hector...try and keep him either on loan or if we can afford it...pay it...

Aarons..same as Hector, but if it was one or the other...Hector

Palmer keep, the blokes mr consistent, and covers both left and right back now

Bannan...Keep

Reach...I reckon he's the one that would bring in the most money...reluctantly sell if it means keeping such as Hector.

No doubt Bruce will be wheeling and dealing as we speak...this is simply a think through exercise for fans...

Pretty much agree here Andy .It's the classic Forecourt scenario 

A Cars only worth what the tyre kicker is going to offer ...Trouble is our "Swiss Tony" likes to keep his shiny shiny's .:Chansiri:

Spring fire sale at Hillsborough everyone can go but up the price for one or two of the collection ...

Try and lease purchase for next season 

Bring in a Will Vaux 

Bring in a Fitz Hall (I know he's off the road now )

Bring in a Mike VHector 

Just need @Mrs Blenkinsops shed to write the verses for the advert ......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Pretty much agree here Andy .It's the classic Forecourt scenario 

A Cars only worth what the tyre kicker is going to offer ...Trouble is our "Swiss Tony" likes to keep his shiny shiny's .:Chansiri:

Spring fire sale at Hillsborough everyone can go but up the price for one or two of the collection ...

Try and lease purchase for next season 

Bring in a Will Vaux 

Bring in a Fitz Hall (I know he's off the road now )

Bring in a Mike VHector 

Just need @Mrs Blenkinsops shed to write the verses for the advert ......

More likely end up with a

Lee

Aaorons

Diame

Abdi

• Haha 3

On 14/04/2019 at 07:34, the monk said:

Anyone mentioned hungry players yet?

Well I think we need young hungry players

Not sure what it means but it gets said a lot so thought I'd join in 

Hooper is always hungry. His injuries came when sausages were off the menu. That occasional timber on him is a testament to his hunger. Why did Jos not realise this? FFS

• Haha 1

On 14/04/2019 at 10:22, darra said:

As it stands Rhodes will be a Norwich player next season.

How so?

Is it part of the deal that if they get promoted, they have to sign him?

If they had the choice, there is no way they would be wanting him for the premiership. 

8 hours ago, Think tank said:

I see a lot of people are saying we need to do our business early, the reality is the kind of signings we are looking at, (Loans from the Prem) never happen early.

And therein lirs the problem. Get players in at the end of preseason and it takes them half a dozen games to get up to speed.

I can’t see us being able to rebuild. People seem to be burying their heads about us being in financial trouble.

Saying that, I’ve a feeling DC May have something up his sleeve and can’t see Bruce having signed knowing we’d have nothing to spend.  

Time will tell tell I guess. Plus we’re still only 6 points off play offs...

lol 

On 13/04/2019 at 22:27, j17tjp said:

Reece Brown - Forest Green Rovers 

a class player, plying his trade in L2. 

I’d love him in the middle. Can defend, attack, assist, score, has bags o’pace. 

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/sport/17591642.leeds-make-approach-for-forest-green-midfielder-reece-brown/

damn dirty L**ds. After a player I’d love at Wednesday :mad:

On 13/04/2019 at 21:32, S72 Owl said:

Now is the time to start rebuilding the team ready to hit the ground running next season. Im confident Bruce can get us in good shape ready for the first game. Last few years our season hasn’t started until September.

Hopefully DC can sort something out to avoid an embargo and give Bruce an hand. I reckon we’re going to need about 8 new signings to transform and freshen this squad up.

One thing we must do now is get Westwood signed up. The best keeper in the league.

Apparently there wont be an embargo, we met the FFP criteria, nothing to stop us doing this now and signing Hector. Should be full steam ahead