Time to start rebuilding now!

Now is the time to start rebuilding the team ready to hit the ground running next season. Im confident Bruce can get us in good shape ready for the first game. Last few years our season hasn’t started until September.

Hopefully DC can sort something out to avoid an embargo and give Bruce an hand. I reckon we’re going to need about 8 new signings to transform and freshen this squad up.

One thing we must do now is get Westwood signed up. The best keeper in the league.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Big issues to sort out One of the biggest is what do we do with Bannan? A fine little player, but far too lightweight to play in a two

Unless you go with a similar style to Leeds in a 4-1-4-1 formation with a new central striker who has pace and mobility which maybe is something we lack in the modern game. Agreed that Bannan is better in a midfield 3. He can pull it off in a midfield 2 in a lot of games but against better opposition he struggles. Nothing against him - he was up against a fitter, youthful side who played with 3 in the midfield today. It was always going to be difficult. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Unless you go with a similar style to Leeds in a 4-1-4-1 formation with a new central striker who has pace and mobility which maybe is something we lack in the modern game. Agreed that Bannan is better in a midfield 3. He can pull it off in a midfield 2 in a lot of games but against better opposition he struggles. Nothing against him - he was up against a fitter, youthful side who played with 3 in the midfield today. It was always going to be difficult. 

Totally agree, and it wasn’t a dig at Bannan, who I think is a fine player

9 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

Reece Brown - Forest Green Rovers 

a class player, plying his trade in L2. 

I’d love him in the middle. Can defend, attack, assist, score, has bags o’pace. 

We need to aim for this not praying on geriatrics . Today proved they aren’t enough . Mix younger , quicker players with fletcher and Hutchinson and we would be okay . Hooper etc have had their time 

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Big issues to sort out One of the biggest is what do we do with Bannan? A fine little player, but far too lightweight to play in a two

We need to sign a quality centre midfielder. So it either gives Bannan competition or replaces him. We have to improve the team, which means bringing in better than we’ve got. 

Either way Bannan will still have a big part to play. If we sign some pacy wingers we could easily play 3 centre midfielders, especially away from home. 

12 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

Reece Brown - Forest Green Rovers 

a class player, plying his trade in L2. 

I’d love him in the middle. Can defend, attack, assist, score, has bags o’pace. 

Remember him being a horrible, nasty in your face type player when he played against us for Birmingham a couple of years ago. 

For the first time in years we have a manager who I have total faith in not only to bring in the right players but to retain and release the right players. Bruce knows what is needed and has a proven record of finding the right players wether it’s from the lower leagues, Scotland or further afield and contrary to what some would have you believe not always for top dollar, his use of the loan market is also outstanding 

I've every confidence we have the right man in charge and that he already has a list of players in mind.

The speed with which he got in Lazaar, Aarons and Iorfa,  energetic, quick players tells me that.

Big summer ahead.

And one I'm actuslly looking forward to

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Hope we aren't signing poo from league 2.

Need to be looking at good players who know this league, with a smattering of young, hungry loans from premier league clubs.

Not lower league risks.

If they're decent physical specimens,  with energy, endeavour,  stamina, pace and half a brain to carry out instructions. ..as long as they fit a proper thought out transfer policy in line with an on pitch system and plan...

... I'm not bothered what league they come from  or even if I've heard of them to be honest.

• Thanks 2