• Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Boyd
    • Matias
    • Forestieri
    • Nuhiu

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

League always trained hard I got offered deals from 3 pro clubs but I had decent job and contracts offered by second division sides were poor. union players now train hard and that will be even worse for individuals. I have dodgy knees and have to be careful with back but held up reasonably well. I had job which meant I ravelled so missed games and think this helped with recovery.

so the million dollar question IS, IF you were just starting out (but knew then what you know now) would you still play?, or think I'd rather have a pain free life when older?

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

so the million dollar question IS, IF you were just starting out (but knew then what you know now) would you still play?, or think I'd rather have a pain free life when older?

If I may jump into the conversation? I think I know Quist’s answer. I (me, ShandyPants) have played football all of my life and still play 5-a-side. My hip is shagged and I can hardly walk the day after playing yet I go back every week and do a little more damage. My guess is that Quist will say he has no regrets. 

Edited by shandypants

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

If I may jump into the conversation? I think I know Quist’s answer. I (me, ShandyPants) have played football all of my life and still play 5-a-side. My hip is shagged and I can hardly walk the day after playing yet I go back every week and do a little more damage. My guess is that Quist will say he has no regrets. 

4 hours ago, dorian gray said:

It is not easy to answer. I probably would have played because of devil in me. however I advise other dads against letting kids get involved in game this is union only that where I live now.. The reason for this is Union is very dangerous when I was growing up those that played Union were not hard trained and not unknown for players to have pints before played. Now they are trained much harder and running into each other at speed is bound to result in injury, the career of a player is now much shorter due to this and many horrible injuries occur. Also I found that in league if somebody wanted to punch you they would square up. Union you gets lots of going in while players on ground and punches from side. Also more opportunity to do this in game. I played because was good at game but was nowhere near favourite sport  I would still like a five a side kick about and would enjoy it can not say same about Rugby. Hope this explains where I am. 

By the way think knees would be dodgy if I had played football.

On 13/04/2019 at 19:43, debram said:

Westwood, lees well done too, bannan rare off day, fox and boyd just not good enough for the championship, bruce has work to do, done a great job to date uto

Ash, whats your reasons for the neg?

32 minutes ago, debram said:

Ash, whats your reasons for the neg?

Negs happen. Just let it wash over you. 

Long breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. 

Breathe in 

Breathe out 

In 

Out 

......and relax. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Negs happen. Just let it wash over you. 

Long breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. 

Breathe in 

Breathe out 

In 

Out 

......and relax. 

Ime so easily wound up, passionate too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, shandypants said:

I've read yours, but can see his below, but i'm posting this before reading it.

I guess what you've put is true.

I too have sporting injuries affecting my life, I too (although still think of it from time to time) wouldn't alter as it was done for great enjoyment.

now on to read Quist's post.

9 hours ago, roaminowl said:

That's noble of you to admit it.

we all know differing levels.

when I first went on the kop it was standing and you (generally) stood in the same place every week, by what were 'mates' or 'football mates'.

then when seating was introduced you were 'allotted' a seat, so you had no choice over who surrounded you.

I was staggered at the level of the utter 'drivel' some could come up with. 

On 13/04/2019 at 20:22, Lord Snooty said:

Fox taking a right hammering here.

Easy target mind.

There's more than a few out there who looked spent.

Fox nowhere near as bad as some are making out ...

Shame that once they've got something in their heads they won't let it go