• Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Boyd
    • Matias
    • Forestieri
    • Nuhiu

13 hours ago, Quist said:

All too slow against energetic team, may get away with one but against energetic pacey team all will struggle. Fletcher was marginally better than others mentioned.

fletcher had zero support nigh on all game as we have to withdraw deeper to cover for the players who are not good enough to do their job.

13 hours ago, Quist said:

Bannan struggles when we are against energeitic pacey players. Leeds have nightmare midfield for him to play against. He covered ground but was just too slow same applies for Boyd. Hooper and Fletcher's lack of pace was clearly demonstrated in game. next season high energy and industry will be the buzzword with success of Norwich and Leeds. SB has made this clear in press conferences which means new energy will be required in our side next season. we were well organised today and defended manfully but you need more than this.

just about any 'creative ball player' doesn't like to be shut down quickly.

13 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Westwood 9 - kept us in the game with some cracking saves. Tired quickly of his slow play dead balls though. 

Palmer 4 - bossed by Their wingers. Didn't offer enough. Was turned inside out time and time again. 

Lees 5 - defensively sound but just lumped it long every time he got the ball. Not a captain. Team never got going and the captain never inspired them to. 

Hector 6- decent in the air but not one of his best games. 

Fox -1 - Morgan fox was just Morgan fox. Lost the ball every single time he had it. Played it out of play. Was turned inside out when defending. Was just a really terrible performance all round. 

Matias 6- lively but not brave enough much of the time. 

Looked out most likely to do something. But still miles off the pace. 

Bannan 5 - not fit, both him and hutch lost the midfield battle to a single player in Phillip's. Bannan never got on the ball and when he did he just lost it. Perhaps a game too soon. 

Hutchinson 6- see above. Huffed and puffed but never got a grip of their midfield. Passes was terrible just like the rest of team.

Boyd 3 - goal last week papered over the cracks. Very poor player. Weak slow and has no ideas. That left side today was dreadful. 

Hooper 4 - not fit? Lazy? Just wondered around throwing his arms around. Completely ineffective. Big chance though and he fluffed his lines. Not one of his best games. Should have come off earlier. 

Fletcher 6- worked hard to be fair to him. But struggled to win a header. Didn't press the Leeds defence and much of our play was just lazy long balls to him. 

Reach - 4 - had zero impact on game before coming off. Break may do him good as he has had little impact for weeks. 

Nando - 3 - again zero impact on the game. Had one little glimpse of what he can do but it's not enough. Anyone remember the last time nando had an impact on a game or played well? 

Nuhiu - 5- brought on to Do a job and did it well. But not one gambled off the flick ons. Won majority of headers but was often too deep for anything to come of it. 

Bruce - 3- schooled by biesla. Worst we've played under him. Never even had a short purple patch. Subs were predictable and the whole team just seemed quite content to lose. No passion no desire no work rate. Leeds are a tough team to play. But there's no excuse for not running. Not working. Not wanting it. But we didn't

We weren't interested in playing. We looked absolutely terrified of them from the moment the whistle blew. 

They blew us away. If not for poor finishing and expert keeping we would have lost that 4 or 5 nil. 

That brings the season to an end. Cant complain with how its ended when you look at how it began and I realising losing is just part of the game. Rolling over isn't. 

Very disappointed with the character Tonight.

They just didn't want to be there. 

don't you think that westwood's 'slow play dead balls' were part of a plan to slow a quick playing l**ds side down, as the one we were fielding is carrying injuries and physically spent?

14 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Westwood 9 - kept us in the game with some cracking saves. Tired quickly of his slow play dead balls though. 

Palmer 4 - bossed by Their wingers. Didn't offer enough. Was turned inside out time and time again. 

Lees 5 - defensively sound but just lumped it long every time he got the ball. Not a captain. Team never got going and the captain never inspired them to. 

Hector 6- decent in the air but not one of his best games. 

Fox -1 - Morgan fox was just Morgan fox. Lost the ball every single time he had it. Played it out of play. Was turned inside out when defending. Was just a really terrible performance all round. 

Matias 6- lively but not brave enough much of the time. 

Looked out most likely to do something. But still miles off the pace. 

Bannan 5 - not fit, both him and hutch lost the midfield battle to a single player in Phillip's. Bannan never got on the ball and when he did he just lost it. Perhaps a game too soon. 

Hutchinson 6- see above. Huffed and puffed but never got a grip of their midfield. Passes was terrible just like the rest of team.

Boyd 3 - goal last week papered over the cracks. Very poor player. Weak slow and has no ideas. That left side today was dreadful. 

Hooper 4 - not fit? Lazy? Just wondered around throwing his arms around. Completely ineffective. Big chance though and he fluffed his lines. Not one of his best games. Should have come off earlier. 

Fletcher 6- worked hard to be fair to him. But struggled to win a header. Didn't press the Leeds defence and much of our play was just lazy long balls to him. 

Reach - 4 - had zero impact on game before coming off. Break may do him good as he has had little impact for weeks. 

Nando - 3 - again zero impact on the game. Had one little glimpse of what he can do but it's not enough. Anyone remember the last time nando had an impact on a game or played well? 

Nuhiu - 5- brought on to Do a job and did it well. But not one gambled off the flick ons. Won majority of headers but was often too deep for anything to come of it. 

Bruce - 3- schooled by biesla. Worst we've played under him. Never even had a short purple patch. Subs were predictable and the whole team just seemed quite content to lose. No passion no desire no work rate. Leeds are a tough team to play. But there's no excuse for not running. Not working. Not wanting it. But we didn't

We weren't interested in playing. We looked absolutely terrified of them from the moment the whistle blew. 

They blew us away. If not for poor finishing and expert keeping we would have lost that 4 or 5 nil. 

That brings the season to an end. Cant complain with how its ended when you look at how it began and I realising losing is just part of the game. Rolling over isn't. 

Very disappointed with the character Tonight.

They just didn't want to be there. 

I smell pork. 

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

the thing about 'owlstalk' is, some on here know very little about football, but aren't afraid to show it continually.

Football is about opinions and anyone who expects to get everything accurate does not exist. 

Yesterday we were out played and they exposed the weakness in our side which is a lack of energy and pace. You can cope with odd one who lacks this but difficult when you have several in the side. Bannan, Hooper and Fletcher all have qualities but when all in a team together against a team who have energy and pace in abundance it unravels. the team were set up well and defended manfully and there were some performed extremely well in circumstances but we offered little in final third as we did not have pace to get in behind. Forestieri has either lost pace or is not fully match fit yet. Others were never sharp, I believe in long term it will help in planning as it was obvious for all (even those not blessed with your wisdom) to see what qualities we lacked. if we are serious about getting out of division the lack of energy and pace will have to be addressed over the summer, we currently have too many players who are similar types, in my opinion. although I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Football is about opinions and anyone who expects to get everything accurate does not exist. 

Yesterday we were out played and they exposed the weakness in our side which is a lack of energy and pace. You can cope with odd one who lacks this but difficult when you have several in the side. Bannan, Hooper and Fletcher all have qualities but when all in a team together against a team who have energy and pace in abundance it unravels. the team were set up well and defended manfully and there were some performed extremely well in circumstances but we offered little in final third as we did not have pace to get in behind. Forestieri has either lost pace or is not fully match fit yet. Others were never sharp, I believe in long term it will help in planning as it was obvious for all (even those not blessed with your wisdom) to see what qualities we lacked. if we are serious about getting out of division the lack of energy and pace will have to be addressed over the summer, we currently have too many players who are similar types, in my opinion. although I could be wrong.

i 100% agree, that must make YOU 'blessed' with equal wisdom.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

who with and for how long?, it's a game that taxes bodies.

Mostly Bentley Yarbrough, but few clubs 12 years at decent level. No money in it at the time and loved football but was not good enough.

Just now, Quist said:

Mostly Bentley Yarbrough, but few clubs 12 years at decent level. No money in it at the time and loved football but was not good enough.

I used to work with a guy who had played at pro level, then amateur, at 27 he was suffering reoccurring injuries.

his doctor asked him at 'what age he'd started' he told him he'd 'been playing since the age of 5', and he said the doctor as good as told him 'his body was ****ed'.

9 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I used to work with a guy who had played at pro level, then amateur, at 27 he was suffering reoccurring injuries.

his doctor asked him at 'what age he'd started' he told him he'd 'been playing since the age of 5', and he said the doctor as good as told him 'his body was ****ed'.

League always trained hard I got offered deals from 3 pro clubs but I had decent job and contracts offered by second division sides were poor. union players now train hard and that will be even worse for individuals. I have dodgy knees and have to be careful with back but held up reasonably well. I had job which meant I ravelled so missed games and think this helped with recovery.