• Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Boyd
    • Matias
    • Forestieri
    • Nuhiu

Westwood 9 - two world class saves to keep us in it, a heroic performance. 

Palmer 6 - bound to defensive duties because how far back we’d been pressed but didn’t really put a foot wrong.

Lees 7 - very good performance, total commitment to the cause in his tackles and blocks which he was making all over the place.

Hector 6 - slightly awkward in possession but generally fine.

Fox 3 - oh dear. I feared we were in for a long afternoon when I saw his name on a team sheet, though I take no joy in being correct - they had him on toast, every attack was coming down his side. Start Lazaar next week please.

Reach - n/a

Hutchinson 6 - very good at breaking up play and carrying us forward first half, struggled second half as they swarmed all over us.

Bannan 4 - hassled out of the game.

Boyd 3 - did pretty much nothing.

Hooper 5 - showed some neat link up play when he actually got the chance but once we were pinned back we needed somebody far fitter and more mobile in his position, subbing him was the right call by Bruce.

Fletcher 5 - worked hard to feed off rubbish service.

Credit to Forestieri and Nuhiu for trying to make something happen while too many other offensive players looked passive.

Westwood was “off the scale” outstanding and there was absolutely nothing he could do about the goal 10/10

All of the defence, Hutchinson and Reach were excellent 8/10

The rest struggled 5/10

All in all, a good effort but we lost our attacking ability when Reach went off injured and, generally, we needed Aarons’ pace to get behind them. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

Westwood was “off the scale” outstanding and there was absolutely nothing he could do about the goal 10/10

All of the defence, Hutchinson and Reach were excellent 8/10

The rest struggled 5/10

All in all, a good effort but we lost our attacking ability when Reach went off injured and, generally, we needed Aarons’ pace to get behind them. 

Reach excellent? Was i watching a different game

5 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Reach excellent? Was i watching a different game

Yes, I think he was. He defended well in front of our defence, pressed their defence further up the pitch and gave them something to think about. I think Reach going off gave Leeds less to think about and, consequently, more licence to go forward. 

18 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Yes, I think he was. He defended well in front of our defence, pressed their defence further up the pitch and gave them something to think about. I think Reach going off gave Leeds less to think about and, consequently, more licence to go forward. 

Agree with you - Reach going off stopped the high press 

Westwood - 8 - Absolutely fantastic save to deny Roberts' header from point blank range. That said, despite Leeds total dominance, I can only remember a couple of other saves you'd expect him to make (happy to be corrected). Did well to close down Alioski when he had the chance following Bamford's flick on. 

Palmer - 7 - Defending reasonably well amongst the almost 90 minute onslaught. 

Lees - 9 - Man of the Match - He was the stand out performer for us today. He was absolutely magnificent. Got it wrong once...when Bamford got the wrong side of him early on. From then on, he was commanding, resolute, brave. Put his body on the line, and cut out potential danger time after time. Unfortunately, he was asked to do it far too often. 

Hector - 6 - Thought he was fairly hesitant at times in the 1st half. Improved generally as the game went on, and became more positive. Switched off for the goal allowing Harrison to get the run on him. Didn't use the ball well either, gave it away far too cheaply. 

Fox - 6 - For the most part, he did alright up against, in my opinion, the best player in the division (Hernandez). Seemed to get a wee bit leggy as the game went on, and some mistakes began to creep into his play. 

Hutchinson - 7 - Felt for him today. Was really up against it in the central areas, and wasn't backed up well at all. Stuck to his task, worked tirelessly til the end. 

Bannan - 4 - Really struggled today. Failed to back up Hutchinson throughout the entirety of the 2nd half, and his usual calmness in possession under pressure was severely lacking today. As a result, we just could not sustain any control of the ball nor launch any sort of counter.

Reach - 6 - Our best period of play came about when he was the on the pitch...and he wasn't on it all that long. 

Boyd - 4 - Powderpuff performance. Looked leggy, weak, tired.  Unlike him. 

Hooper - 5 - Seemed to struggle with the pace of the game today. Which, to be fair, is unsurprising considering his long lay off...Leeds play at such a frighteningly high tempo. The game could've been totally different had he took the opportunity early in the 1st half. 

Fletcher - 6 - His hold up play and general quality just wasn't there. But he worked so hard despite him seemingly pi55ing in the wind. Chased the rare lost causes he was given to chase, and defended well in our box. 

Matias - 5 - At no point did we have any control of the game after his arrival (not necessarily as a result of him), but on the rare occasions we did get the ball, he was as guilty of most of wasting possession cheaply. Should've squared the ball to Nuhiu late on. 

Forestieri - 5 - Really poor cameo performance. Managed to create a couple of really nice situations, but his quality was sub standard. 

Nuhiu - 6 - Made himself a nuisance, and allowed us to actually get up the pitch and feed off 2nds when he came on.

Overall ...

We got a battering. Aside from the 1st 15 minutes or so, when I thought we looked comfortable and potentially quite dangerous, we became sitting ducks. Just could not get out. We were suffocated to within an inch of our life, and to be fair, we're fortunate for some poor Leeds finishing, to come out with just a 1-0 defeat. 

They are, in my opinion, the best side in the league. The tempo they play at and maintain, is mesmerising, and it's very easy for fans to criticise players, but you've no idea how hard it is to play against such relentless opposition. 

Disappointing way to finally extinguish that faint glimmering Playoff light, but the fact is, we aren't anywhere near Leeds' quality at the minute. 

Personally hope that this just sharpens Bruce's vision going forward. That's the standard we have to be at, week in, week out, if we want to get out of this league. 

Edited by frastheowl

3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Personally hope that this just sharpens Bruce's vision going forward. That's the standard we have to be at, week in, week out, if we want to get out of this league. 

Absolutely the “nail on the head” pertinent point here. 

Westwood.    9.5.    Superb performance. Hope we can keep him but think he will be offered better terms elsewhere.

Fox.              5.       Not his best performance but not as bad as some are making out.

Hector.         6.        Not up to his usual standards, made one or  two errors but nothing major.

Lees.            8.       Strong defensive display.

Palmer.        6.        Thought he did OK no scope for him or Fox to go forward

Hutchinson. 8.       The best of our midfield players, did his defensive duties well and tried to drive us forward.

Bannan.       5.       The worst I have seen him play, kept turning back into trouble, hardly made a forward pass all night.

Reach.         6.       Was working hard and doing a lot of the Dirty work before getting injured.

Boyd.          4.         Really poor and anonymous never got into the game.

Hooper.       5.         Looks miles off the pace, not got the legs at the moment to drop off and link play and then break to support 

the attack. Missed our best chance due to lack of pace.

Fletcher.      5.        Was totally isolated, had very little to work with.

Subs

Matias.        5.          Made no difference but had nothing to work with until the last 10 minutes when we went long ball.

FF.               5.           As we all know he can't play as part of a front 2.

Nuhiu.                        Not on long enough did win a couple of headers and maybe should have come on earlier.     

Boyd...... Some where saying he played alright the other night against forest when he scored a decent goal but I thought he was absolutely crap..... I was doubting myself but Tonight just proved me right... He might as well not have been on the pitch for the times he got involved. He's lost that half a yard of pace that let's you get a tackle in. If we haven't got the ball he might as well not be on the pitch, he's alright when we've got loads of the ball as he does/did have quality in possession as we saw with the finish against forest the other night. Needs off loading asap, get lazaar on left wing playing in front of fox. 

2 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Boyd...... Some where saying he played alright the other night against forest when he scored a decent goal but I thought he was absolutely crap..... I was doubting myself but Tonight just proved me right... He might as well not have been on the pitch for the times he got involved. He's lost that half a yard of pace that let's you get a tackle in. If we haven't got the ball he might as well not be on the pitch, he's alright when we've got loads of the ball as he does/did have quality in possession as we saw with the finish against forest the other night. Needs off loading asap, get lazaar on left wing playing in front of fox. 

Would be nice to have a fully fit squad, your team choice may then happen

Westwood    -   9    Not bad for a has been bad apple

Palmer   -    6    Defended OK, wasteful in possession

Hector    -    6    Not at his best

Lees    -    8    Like the Lees of old, defended brilliantly

Fox    -    4    Nothing against the lad, he`s a trier but ,he is playing a league above his standard.

Reach    -    6    Was doing OK , nothing special

Bannan    -    5    Gave the ball away far too much and quite clearly struggling the last 20 mins....he could barely run

Hutchinson    -    7    Typically strong and never gave up but passing was off today

Boyd    -    4    Rightly kept his place but back to being ineffective and pedestrian after Tuesday`s pleasant cameo, really surprised he stayed on

Matias    -    4    Game completely passed him by, horrible slash at our best second half chance

Hooper    -    5    Showed some nice touches but still very rusty

Fletcher    -    5   Usual graft, but continually gave the ball away or lost possession

Nuhiu -    5    Won a few headers

Forestieri    5    Injected some energy but wasted our best chance with a careless pass.

OVERALL

Ah well...………...it was nice little distraction while it lasted and fair play to SB for rescuing a season that was shaping up to be disastrous under dishcloth, but our limitations were exposed tonight and we can spend all summer looking forward (FFP allowing) with a lot of optimism...……….as well as cursing those first miserable 5 months of the season that now seem like a bad dream.

Westwood 9

Palmer 5

Lees 8

Hector 6

Fox -  2, lg 2 stuff

Reach 4 play him on the left, doing nothing on the right bar 2 or so wonder goals last year

Bannan 5 

Hutchinson 6

Boyd 2 release

Hooper 4

Fletcher 4

Ff 2 probably finished, that pass for matias in acres, doesnt seem interested other than the wage

Nuhiu 4

Matias 5 stick a picture of him in dictionary for inconsistent 

Badly miss aarons n lazaar plus we dont have a 20+ goal pacy striker capable of playing 46 games, so need a young prem loan striker next season imo, cant rely on ff, joao, hooper, fletch, winnall.

Leeds not full of quality but they show the value of energy and fitness in this league

Boyd back to the usual non entity. Offered nothing.

If Bannan was injured fair enough but he offered nothing for me neither and personally felt he was culpable for the goal stood there like a statue challenging for the header before blaming fox when it was himself that did no tracking back.

Actually thought fox held himself up well against 2-3 plays attacking with no protection from who ever was meant to help out that side

Westwood 9 MOTM

fox 6

Hector 6

Lees 7

Palmer 6

Reach 5

Bannan 4

Hutch 7

Fletcher 5

Hooper 6

Boyd 4

Subs

Matias 5

Nuhiu 5

Fessi 5

Apart from the back 5 and hutch, rest offered nothing .. a combination of poor performances, Bruce's instructions and Leeds pressing.

Think today is another game that does we are about 3-4 players away from top 6.

Edited by Hack-Abusi

7 hours ago, WC1Owl said:

Bit surprised by the negativity here. L**ds outclassed a Wednesday side running on fumes. No shame, for me.

Because they live in delusion / cookoo land that the players are good enough for where we want to be . I get slated for being realistic and saying players need moving on and we aren’t good enough but it’s true . I wasn’t discounted yesterday because Leeds are a far , far better side . 

Lees for mom