L**ds Utd - V - Wednesday OMDT

Just now, striker said:

Absolutely, he sees what the problems are, what needs to be done and says it with no BS. 

So refreshing, feels like we've been stuck at a really bad magician show past couple of years. Everyone howling they can see how it's done, and the lad up top just hammering the dry ice pedal.

Today feels like the "'av it!" John Smiths advert in comparison. Beautiful.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Look we might have to sell players in the summer anyway. The balance in midfield has been a problem for a while. I’m not saying Bannan and Reach aren’t good players, they are but they are part of the problem. If you think things will get better with the same midfield then that’s your opinion. The fact we’ll still be in the championship next season suggests we need change sooner rather than later?

We need change and I look forward to it. But they wouldnt be on my list of players to ship out. Although Reach might get some needed funds so would be a reluctant sell.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

No outlet Fresh mate...you can't go from defence to attack with a "Pedestrian"  line up...you need pace...WE don't have it with Aaorons missing...

But that's quite sad isn't it? I agree we need more pace....but movement is key also. When a team mate has the ball u run into space. L**ds did that very well tonight.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Love this guy. Next year looking good. 

Well we will need to be Barcelonaesque next season to have sniff.

9 / 12 pt deduction coming, depending on who we can shift in the summer, Rhodes would save us 3 pts...assuming we get £6m.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Well we will need to be Barcelonaesque next season to have sniff.

9 / 12 pt deduction coming, depending on who we can shift in the summer, Rhodes would save us 3 pts...assuming we get £6m.

Surely we'd get more for Joao than Rhodes as things stand? Rather see Joao stay on, of the two, if either was going to. But can't see Rhodes starting a bidding frenzy.

Just on the train back with a pretty heavy sense of disappointment, albeit I’ve probably felt worse after losses at Leeds. 

We were beaten by a far better team today, it’s no use pretending otherwise. We made them work for it but as others have said, we barely laid a glove on them offensively.

I thought we competed well first 20 minutes and put a few nice moves together but after that we were badly pinned back, without a super-human keeper we’d have been losing before half time. As it was, nothing changed after the break, if anything we were even more unable to get out of our half in the second 45.

It’s a reminder that this team has a way to go to get over the line and that an overhaul of the squad is still in order. We couldn’t compete today because we don’t have enough dynamism in the team - we need to sign younger players with more stamina and technical ability, who can play in a few different systems. Bielsa’s pretty well-versed in how to beat a 4-4-2, especially when it contains passengers like Boyd and Matias, who ceded control of the wide areas to Leeds far too easily.

So that’s the play-offs gone. Dealing a blow to United’s promotion push is a pretty hollow victory in that context really. On to next season, preferably after a few good results between now and final day.

Just now, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Boo

:duntmatter:

Easier than unlacing the boots  at security scanners Blenkers...

The nice chap told me DM's go through without taking em off which was a relief I was following behind one of those Fishingmen types who looked like Greengrass ...

Had a reight pong about him !!

Luckily for me I had the front window seat with loads of leg stretch ..

Wife sat next to me... she sat next to "Greengrass"  ........:tango:

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Easier than unlacing the boots  at security scanners Blenkers...

The nice chap told me DM's go through without taking em off which was a relief I was following behind one of those Fishingmen types who looked like Greengrass ...

Had a reight pong about him !!

Luckily for me I had the front window seat with loads of leg stretch ..

Wife sat next to me... she sat next to "Greengrass"  ........:tango:

Was it A12?

lol

• Haha 3