L**ds Utd - V - Wednesday OMDT

9 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Very disappointed with that

At least it doesn’t paper over the cracks, we were miles off the intensity and ball retention of Leeds 

You're right but why can't we have the same intensity? Everyone knows the high press is the way and as a footballer u hate having no time on the ball. Why can't we have the same intensity? Youth? Fitness levels? Desire? Just having a rant cos I'm disappointed....

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Leeds were good, but I was very disappointed with our performance 

That was like something out of the Jos era 

We are miles behind...

Does anyone really believe that simply 

"Going for it"

would have ended in a win?..nah..probably have got done by 4

Bruce tried holding out and hoping they would panic...It didn't work

but with the players at his disposal?

What would have worked...Honestly?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Can't stress enough how impressed I was with our refusal to roll over there.

QPR put four past Swansea ffs, and Swansea weren't under anything like that onslaught.

Fair play Leeds, but anyone who thinks we came out of that looking bad is crazy. We need some muscle in midfield besides Hutch (immense today, again) and we need some pace up top, and we're a ridiculously tough side to beat.

Palmer, Westy, Hec and Lees, take a bow lads. Absolutely massive.

Bring on next season. Dear god I hope we get Hec again, would actually give my eye teeth at this point.

And you took the words right out of my mouth..........

• Like 1

Just now, Rhubarb n Custard said:

For all their possession l**ds created very few clear chances.

No complaints on the balance of play, we were not offensive enough on the day.

Think Reach going off killed our chance of winning it.

Yeah I'd go with that. Matias aqcuitted himself well enough - better than I expected tbf - but losing Reach took away our one connection from midfield to penalty area. After that point it was damage limitation, which they did incredibly well, but there wasn't really any danger of laying a glove on them...or any team. It wasn't about Leeds really tonight, it said more about where we're very strong and where we're bizarrely weak, despite where all our signings have been.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

This Leeds is completely different to Leeds of the past though.

If we went up you'd still be expecting to beat the very best. 

Well you can't, and we won't, win them all. May as well lose this one then against say QPR.

It’s more or less the same group of Leeds players that they’ve had for the last 2 years.  Only significant difference is the manager.  We’ve also stuck with the same group of players over the same period.  But we upgraded our manager this season too.

I don’t know why you’re bringing up hypothetical scenarios into this really.  We haven’t been in the Premier League for 20 years, so making stuff up about what my expectations would be should we ever return is kinda pointless.

I don’t have a problem with losing games.  I hate seeing us get beat without giving a decent account of ourselves though, like we have today.  We weren’t playing Real Madrid today, it’s only Leeds United.  Getting totally outplayed like that is unacceptable IMO.

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Leeds were good, but I was very disappointed with our performance 

That was like something out of the Jos era 

We had a decent like...15/20 minutes in the first half....but yep.  Without pace of Aarons, FF not anywhere near his best, no Lee, Reach playing terribly, no Lazaar, no Iorfa danger from set pieces...we've got little chance against teams this good.  

7 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Its amazing how fickle our fans are. They are two of our best players. This place can embarass itself after a defeat.

Look we might have to sell players in the summer anyway. The balance in midfield has been a problem for a while. I’m not saying Bannan and Reach aren’t good players, they are but they are part of the problem. If you think things will get better with the same midfield then that’s your opinion. The fact we’ll still be in the championship next season suggests we need change sooner rather than later?

2 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Someone should tell Bielsa the interviewer isnt on the floor. What a bore of a personality.

If you were a Leeds fan you wouldn't care. He's made them into a good team and the fans won't care if he talks to the floor or the ceiling.

Credit where it's due Bielsa is a good manager and has done a great job.

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We are miles behind...

Does anyone really believe that simply 

"Going for it"

would have ended in a win?..nah..probably have got done by 4

Bruce tried holding out and hoping they would panic...It didn't work

but with the players at his disposal?

What would have worked...Honestly?

It’s not because we didn’t go for it, I wasn’t expecting an evenly matched end to end game...our ball retention was abysmal, and the rare opportunity we had was utterly wasted 

Credit to Leeds they play some great stuff, I was just expecting a little more 

9 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Its amazing how fickle our fans are. They are two of our best players. This place can embarass itself after a defeat.

I'd brace yourself in the summer bud.. 

Bruce likes a strong physical midfield with pace out wide and bite through the middle. 

He also tends to go with power and pace up front. 

Looking at how Bruce usually builds a side, from, Wigan to Hull and villa this is probably what he'll be after creating here

Think about who /what he's brought in straight away. 

Iorfa - Big, athletic, quick. 

Aarons - quick, direct, also athletic. 

Lazzar- in a similar vein to his man el'mohamady. 

What I'm saying is if we get any good bids in for the li'll uns such as Nando & bannan, I think they'll be gone. 

Same with the lilly liveried softies such as joao & reach that just don't get stuck in. 

Expect some big changes in the summer and I for one am looking forward to it, this whole sqaud needs freshening up. 

• Like 1

Analysts talking pure sense about Westwood. The man's a goalkeeping freak, he'll be brilliant until he's 39, if he stays fit and motivated.

We're not gonna need to 'break the bank' at his age, he's a massively desirable 'keeper for any team, but nobody is gonna spend megamillions on him now.

We need to keep him on. We CAN keep him on, with some of the trimmings we're going to make.

He's the priority for me, and that also means we need to do far, far better with our brilliant pair of young backups. They've got to be out on loan, I don't care what it does to our youth results. We've got to be blooding some proper newbies on the Sunday pitches, and getting our excellent young pros regular nasty football.

Again, Hector second priority for me. I'd even be happy going into August with nobody else coming in, and a few going out, if that's what it took to tempt Big Hec back. He's a Championship superstar in the making.

Ah Bruce, absolute class again. Not glossing over the fact that Leeds brought the intensity and we didn't. Respect.

He's so refreshingly honest, and quite apart from the fact that it's what everyone *should* do, it gives you massive confidence that he actually SEES the team for what it is. Again, huge confidence for next year actually bringing some proper improvements to an already incredibly resilient side.

Love this guy. Next year looking good.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

Ah Bruce, absolute class again. Not glossing over the fact that Leeds brought the intensity and we didn't. Respect.

He's so refreshingly honest, and quite apart from the fact that it's what everyone *should* do, it gives you massive confidence that he actually SEES the team for what it is. Again, huge confidence for next year actually bringing some proper improvements to an already incredibly resilient side.

Love this guy. Next year looking good.

Absolutely, he sees what the problems are, what needs to be done and says it with no BS. 

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not because we didn’t go for it, I wasn’t expecting an evenly matched end to end game...our ball retention was abysmal, and the rare opportunity we had was utterly wasted 

Credit to Leeds they play some great stuff, I was just expecting a little more 

No outlet Fresh mate...you can't go from defence to attack with a "Pedestrian"  line up...you need pace...WE don't have it with Aaorons missing...