L**ds Utd - V - Wednesday OMDT

For me the problem today was, Fletcher was poor at bringing in others into play.

He'd win the ball but then it would be a poor touch, keeping it too long at Leeds got three players around him.

We tried playing on the counter but no pace.

Boyd didn't do anything, Bannan and Hutch outnumbered in midfield.

I'd go 4-3-3 against Norwich with Matias and Foriesteri either side of Hooper.

Put Pelupessy in alongside Hutchinson and tell Bannan to play where he wants.

5 minutes ago, squonk said:

Bannan who was MotM both games v Villa this season 

ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We need a overhaul in midfield. There’s only Hutchinson that I would keep. If offers came in the summer for Bannan and Reach I would sell.

Its amazing how fickle our fans are. They are two of our best players. This place can embarass itself after a defeat.

Vvank today, despite the result helping shaft the pigs, I flipping hate losing and hate playing badly and losing even more. Not a fair reflection of us under Bruce in my opinion, need our pacy players back ASAP.

The way Leeds play is quite unique, you could tell we just didn't have an answer. It doesn't mean they have better players but they have this system which makes it incredibly difficult to get a foot hold in the game. 

Hopefully a pre-season under Bruce and a few new additions can make us equally as impressive for the new season. 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Leeds were good, but I was very disappointed with our performance 

That was like something out of the Jos era 

Don't agree 

Sometimes you can only play as well as the opposition allow that was the case today they totally overwhelmed us 

Can't stress enough how impressed I was with our refusal to roll over there.

QPR put four past Swansea ffs, and Swansea weren't under anything like that onslaught.

Fair play Leeds, but anyone who thinks we came out of that looking bad is crazy. We need some muscle in midfield besides Hutch (immense today, again) and we need some pace up top, and we're a ridiculously tough side to beat.

Palmer, Westy, Hec and Lees, take a bow lads. Absolutely massive.

Bring on next season. Dear god I hope we get Hec again, would actually give my eye teeth at this point.

We didn't have an outlet. Defended well but not enough link between back 4 and front 2. No real pace. Full backs not really overlapping, several times Mattias left on his own. They pressed hard. We defended well but we didn't have the outlet.

At least there's one big consolation.....

No one can claim the result is a surprise. As much as I like Hooper he's still not fit. He would have scored that chance in the first half otherwise.

Not sure want some people are on about re Fox today, he's done alright.

We just couldn't make a decent forward pass when he broke out which ultimately meant we could not make any better chances.

Add to that no Iorfa or Aaron's to give us any pace.

Edited by Tank_owl

1 minute ago, squonk said:

Don't agree 

Sometimes you can only play as well as the opposition allow that was the case today they totally overwhelmed us 

Passing the ball from A to B was truly shocking , worst football I have seen in years