The rise of Skywalker

Guest The Horse
3 hours ago, alanharper said:

I so hope the final part rights the wrongs of that but I'm not confident.

I can't see how it can seeing as Rian Johnson basically put a full stop to the (already very boring) story arc.

The big villain was killed off.

Rey's parentage revealed to be nothing of note.

The hero of the entire saga dies.

The rebels / resistance / whatever are now down to such ridiculously low numbers they could actually all fit into a lift and realistically should just call it a day and get regular jobs so they can hide away from a First Order that somehow had the resources to rebuild the completely defeated Empire into something that was bigger and more powerful than the previous regime could ever of hoped for. Undetected.

The only way they can make this new film work is if it starts with Luke waking up the morning after the monster pisss up they all had when they won the war at the end of Return of the Jedi saying 'I had the most weird dream. I'm not drinking EVER again.'

Although almost half of these films are crap I still love the whole arc. I cant wait for the next one. 

Makes me laugh when people get angry about a set of films about space wizards that have always been inconsistent 

2 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Shows how much the hype for Star Wars films has died down when a new trailer has been out for hours but nobody has posted here about it yet.

Looks amazing.. can't wait.. been with me since it came out in 77 I remember watching the first in awe at the cinema's at the film as a 9 year old was something i'd never experience before,  been in love with the films since.  We all know they have the faults but i can see past that and enjoy it for what it is.. a space adventure

Edited by Doctor Duran

Think I'll wait to see if this turns out poo before shelling out to see it. 

I am not hopeful as, let's face it, other than about 50% of Rogue One, a couple of computer games and one or two passable novels, Star Wars hasn't been good since the 1980s.  And by this point it has even lost that 'must see' event picture vibe and is just another never-ending blockbuster franchise amongst many. 

On 06/05/2019 at 02:19, robowl4life said:

Never watched Solo... so Maul is back? I’m a bit tipsy so no idea if got that reyt 

I assume this is just another hook for one of the 50000000 star wars TV shows they are setting up, if it hasn't been dealt with already. 

I'll go and see it...but it would take something pretty epic for me to consider this latest trilogy to be anything but a bit of a flop (not from a commercial point of view). 

The last film was so crap and did so much damage. 

On 22/10/2019 at 10:52, DeeJayOne said:

Shows how much the hype for Star Wars films has died down when a new trailer has been out for hours but nobody has posted here about it yet.

Stopped posting in here as just get bullied about it.

People intent in slagging even when not seen it and having a pop any anyone who dares to enjoy themselves.

Edited by oasismark

Tbf, the fact they've brought back The Emperor suggests to me they know they dropped a right bo11ock with the last film. 

Killing off the bloke in the dressing gown (Snoke?)...in fact, basically, killing off anything remotely interesting from Force Awakens was just weird. 

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Still not seen the trailer

Still feel The Last Jedi killed the franchise

I didn't think all that much of The Force Awakens, but Last Jedi was an abomination of a film. 

What on earth the studio were doing allowing Johnson to basically destroy all the building blocks set out in Force Awakens is beyond me. 

This is released next week and it seems no one is talking about it. I think whist it'll still make a load of money it could be a relative flop. For my part I'm going to a tripple bill next Wednesday evening starting at 6pm.

The Force Awakens, which I enjoy, and thought was a decent set up but haven't seen for a couple of years so am looking forward to seeing it again.

Then the Last Jedi, which I enjoyed at the time but on reflection thought it was a poor sequel, with a lot of flaws, and didn't really fit as a Star Wars film - that said, it's just a movie and there's a lot of mindless entertainment in there so I'll take it as what it is and enjoy the spectacle.

At midnight it'll be The Rise of Skywalker time which I'll be honest I think will be a massive mess, but I think it will be very entertaining. I don't have high expectations story cohesion wise but am looking forward to seeing where they take the story and I think it'll be visually stunning. If I'm entertained, that's all I want now.

I think sections of the audience (the more casual part of it) are probably suffering from a bit of Star Wars fatigue. 

Plus, Disney have managed to wee wee off a lot of hardcore Star Wars geeks with the last few films. 

I have been quite surprised by the lack of buzz for this film. 

Disney have succeeded in turning Star Wars into just another endless blockbuster franchise amongst many. 

Possibly time to put it on ice for a bit? 

Disney have ruined Star Wars. Should’ve kept it as it was... or even just kept it at the original 3!

Force Awakens was ok to an extent but that chuffin Last Jedi was proper naff.

I’ll probably go see this new one but certainly not in rush, which unfortunately says it all.