Be aware about parking

Parking it there you might as well  have parked it on Winn Gardens you've got to be aware where you park it I know you should be able to park it anywhere,.  I live off one of the roads off middlewood Road not to far away and no way would I put mine there 

32 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I really dont want to see a fellow young owl loose a nice Dub that hes grafted for, and will not let some piece of shìt contribute to forcing him out of pocket! Have you got a PayPal account Hoots ?

If so I'll start the ball rolling there's 20 quid to start off let's get the lad sorted 

And help him get the motor sorted ..

Thanks very much for the kind offer mate, but he's working on a decent salary, it's just one of life's lessons

• Like 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Parking it there you might as well  have parked it on Winn Gardens you've got to be aware where you park it I know you should be able to park it anywhere,.  I live off one of the roads off middlewood Road not to far away and no way would I put mine there 

We lived on that estate 14 years until we moved away last July

We walked up past that nursery after every game and never noticed any car had been broken into

We've always considered it safe on the estate, we come up from Donny and go the long way round through Chapeltown to park at that side of the stadium, it's a pretty quick escape route over Jawbone and on to the motorway

Well done you then for being able to afford a football car personally I'm not loaded and I've other things to spend that money on just like the vast majority on here I suspect. 

Although cant imagine anybody wanting to pinch my car anyway unless they want to steal the central CD player lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

My son hasn't had a lot of luck with cars

We bought him his first one a 2007 Fiat Punto, he had it 6 months, it had to go for repairs 6 times in those 6 months

We decided to get rid, and bought him a 2011 Fiesta, he had that around 2 years but it wasn't without it's problems, he had to swerve to miss a head on collision when a lunatic came around a corner on the wrong side of the road, he hit the kerb damaging two alloys.

He then had an accident when he was waiting to turn right into the Supertram depo, and someone ran into the back of him while he was stationary

He bought this Scirrocco himself, he's had it 18 months and loves the car, but someone booted in one of the fog lights a couple of months ago, and then this

He was talking about trading it in next year for a Focus RS, he told me last night that there's no point in having nice cars, other people damage them

I told him to look at my car, a 2012 Astra, it doesn't stand out, I've had it 6 years, it doesn't draw admiring glances, it looks quite boring, but it's low mileage at just under 40,000, it's paid for and it's yet to let me down

He said his next car will be something that doesn't stand out so much like an ordinary Focus

I think it's crap when you work for your money but you have to base your choices upon, will other people want to take it if I buy it

I suppose it's the world we live in

To be honest, if you have a nice car they become poo magnets. If it’s not people dooring them in car parks or allow trolleys into them, people want to race you or break into it. Have had the fortune of having a new A3 about 12 years ago. Beautiful car and I had saved for months on operations to buy it.  Had a learner driver crash into it in B&Q car park then drive off in the first month of having it. Our lass decided to drive it into the work bench at the end of the garage and then rip the wing mirror off reversing it out. She then doored it against a post. Went on like that’s-only saving grace was me mate had a spray shop to repair it. Thing that got me and made me sell it after 2 years was the number of knobbers who wanted to cut you up and start road rage incidents. No pleasure having anything nice. Used the cash to buy our lass a new car and then ran a 15 year old focus for five years. Cost £1200, put 70k on it and never missed a beat. Left it everywhere and it never got touched. There is real benefits of running a scratter!

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

What gets me about car crime is that if they get caught it the courts just see it a a minor crime. Doing a car and nicking a console worth 2000 and causing 100's of pounds of damage is not minor. 

It's about time all theft was treated as a seriouscrime. Why not just jail them for any housebreaking or vehicle theft etc.

Guest Manwithastick
3 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

What gets me about car crime is that if they get caught it the courts just see it a a minor crime. Doing a car and nicking a console worth 2000 and causing 100's of pounds of damage is not minor. 

It's about time all theft was treated as a seriouscrime. Why not just jail them for any housebreaking or vehicle theft etc.

Because we don't have the space to jail them.

17 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

Feel gutted for you and your son Hootie. Crime is getting out of hand. Wev'e had 4 burglaries at Grenoside in the last week. There are still people out there wanting to take a softly softly approach. The do gooders do my head in. Either flog the barstewards in public or bring back the stocks.

Agreed.we need to get this guy in to sort things out. :tango:

Image result for deathwish

We've spoken to Volkswagen about the touch screen unit that was stolen, they are convinced that the thief will not be able to use it without the code

I said surely there must be a way around the code or what's the point of stealing it

They say, unless the thief has found a way to get around the code that they don't know about then it's useless

Volkswagen have given us the name of someone that sells these units cheaper than them, which was very kind of them

They have a brand new one in stock for £14000, and a grade B second hand one for £1100

The second hand unit is no good because when it starts up it shows the Seat logo, and as my son has the car on lease, he'd be charged for a new unit when he hands it back

We're just waiting to see if anything else turns up a bit cheaper.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

17 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I really dont want to see a fellow young owl loose a nice Dub that hes grafted for, and will not let some piece of shìt contribute to forcing him out of pocket! Have you got a PayPal account Hoots ?

If so I'll start the ball rolling there's 20 quid to start off let's get the lad sorted 

And help him get the motor sorted ..

Id chuck the same in too.

Does my head in that a young lad who works hard for something ends up out of pocket. Absolute scumbags.

I had someone nick my wing mirror not long back, That in itself was annoying but it's the grief of not having a car and the mess they made forcing it off with a screw driver that was the real kick in the balls.

• Like 3

Guest mkowl
4 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We've spoken to Volkswagen about the touch screen unit that was stolen, they are convinced that the thief will not be able to use it without the code

I said surely there must be a way around the code or what's the point of stealing it

They say, unless the thief has found a way to get around the code that they don't know about then it's useless

Volkswagen have given us the name of someone that sells these units cheaper than them, which was very kind of them

They have a brand new one in stock for £14000, and a grade B second hand one for £1100

The second hand unit is no good because when it starts up it shows the Seat logo, and as my son has the car on lease, he'd be charged for a new unit when he hands it back

We're just waiting to see if anything else turns up a bit cheaper.

I presume you mean £1400 because if otherwise WTF 

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Not trying to be flippant or clever but doesn't his insurance cover the damage.:wacko:

We've spoken to quite a few people, including someone who works in car insurance, they all recommend we don't go through the insurance company if we can help it, they all say the same, even though he's got protected no claims, his insurance will still go up.

When he comes to renew, one of the first questions they ask is, have you claimed in the last 5 years, you answer yes your premiums go up

He's only been driving 5 years, his first policy cost £2500, I think the second year was £1800, third £1400, fourth was £900, and his current one cost him £600

This incident will cost him around £2000, but having spoken to quite a few people they all say it's better not to claim if you can help it

He's just borrowed £1200 off me for his three year season ticket, he's booked an holiday with workmates, I've told him to get the holiday paid for and I will lend him the money for the car, I've forked out the £308 for the cost of the replacement window, and the rest he can pay me back £100 a month

I've always helped both my kids when they're short, I'll let him pay about 75% back of what he owes me, and I'll let him off with the rest, it's what dad's do

I could pay it off for him but I believe they have to show they can stand on their own two feet

And there's also the fact I'm currently out of work through ill health

• Like 3