Be aware about parking

Guest mkowl
1 hour ago, A12owl said:

That wasn't a 2 minute job. Surely somebody would hear or see something. So sorry it happened. It looks a nice car.

Only solution is to use public transport.

Not an option really for those of us that travel 

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

I know you shouldn't have to, but if you've a decent motor, buy a 'runner' for going t' football, and have f-all worth nicking in it.

That's ridiculous though.

Just ask coppers and the courts to do there flipping job it's that simple really.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Never park near the stadium too many low life's seem to find damaging car a past time for the match time.

Amazes me how there never seems to the a copper around, yet you leave the stadium and there are hundred not doing a great deal outside the ground

Them and their traffic warden mates always seem to be about to issue parking tickets though.

50 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Keep an eye on ebay/gumtree etc. as the touch screen will be bespoke to the model of the car.

It's fitted to all Volkswagons of a decent spec, Skoda's and Seat apparently

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

If there wasn't so much "hate crime" on social media, perhaps the police :laugh: could spare the manpower to catch the cünts. 

yer your not wrong ,the polices priorities are way off these days . very sad the police are  more bothered about some rubbish coming from some drunken fans gob than someone getting assaulted ,cars smashed up and a whole lot worse. the world is completely nuts and its very sad. 

This is what they took

To replace it from the main dealer it's £2000

From a Volkswagon recommended second hand seller it's £1200

Seen a few on Ebay starting at £250, but can't be sure we'd be buying a stolen one

We'll keep looking in the hope that a legit one turns up

£308 to replace the window

Bluetooth-Optional-RNS-315-Navigation-System.jpg.54fac59f6a94003e8ac73bb2c43c1408.jpg

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It's fitted to all Volkswagons of a decent spec, Skoda's and Seat apparently

So sorry to see this  Hoots ..

As if insurance isn't high enough ...

I was so proud of where I was born /Brought up ..

Always used to brag to folk what a safe place Hillsborough area is and how it's always been that way ..

It's so sad.. like everywhere these days 

Nothings sacred 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This is what they took

To replace it from the main dealer it's £2000

From a Volkswagon recommended second hand seller it's £1200

Seen a few on Ebay starting at £250, but can't be sure we'd be buying a stolen one

We'll keep looking in the hope that a legit one turns up

£308 to replace the window

Absolutely gutted for you mate.

There's some right scumbags out there.

Maybe an Owlstalker may have a contact to help.

• Like 1

Feel gutted for you and your son Hootie. Crime is getting out of hand. Wev'e had 4 burglaries at Grenoside in the last week. There are still people out there wanting to take a softly softly approach. The do gooders do my head in. Either flog the barstewards in public or bring back the stocks.

The problem is that (over here at least) the pawn brokers don't give a rats a$$ where the stolen stuff came from - they will give the guy $50 for it and then flip it in his store for a couple of hundred...  Usually junkies stealing from cars but this one looks like the guy knew what he was doing right down to cutting the wires and disconnecting the unit without causing any damage...  gutted for you mate....

My son hasn't had a lot of luck with cars

We bought him his first one a 2007 Fiat Punto, he had it 6 months, it had to go for repairs 6 times in those 6 months

We decided to get rid, and bought him a 2011 Fiesta, he had that around 2 years but it wasn't without it's problems, he had to swerve to miss a head on collision when a lunatic came around a corner on the wrong side of the road, he hit the kerb damaging two alloys.

He then had an accident when he was waiting to turn right into the Supertram depo, and someone ran into the back of him while he was stationary

He bought this Scirrocco himself, he's had it 18 months and loves the car, but someone booted in one of the fog lights a couple of months ago, and then this

He was talking about trading it in next year for a Focus RS, he told me last night that there's no point in having nice cars, other people damage them

I told him to look at my car, a 2012 Astra, it doesn't stand out, I've had it 6 years, it doesn't draw admiring glances, it looks quite boring, but it's low mileage at just under 40,000, it's paid for and it's yet to let me down

He said his next car will be something that doesn't stand out so much like an ordinary Focus

I think it's crap when you work for your money but you have to base your choices upon, will other people want to take it if I buy it

I suppose it's the world we live in

12 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Is that a Scirocco R Line? If so, great car!  Obviously the scumbag was just jealous of a car they'd never be able to afford themselves.

Yeah that's the one, it's a lovely car

IMG_1278.thumb.JPG.c06480bf9c54efc56294ec02fc4c0900.JPG

7 minutes ago, Lombado said:

Terrible news and a horrible experience for your lad @HOOTIE AND THE poo TU

When the Wednesdayite car park closes there will be more obscure places needed to leave your car.

My missus now picks me up after the game so as not to take the risk anymore.

We live in Doncaster now so I might see if anyone runs a minibus or anything, trouble is he works some Saturdays

We've always come in his car because he doesn't drink, and I sometimes have a pint

We'll be coming in my car from now on, so I won't be drinking

I looked at getting him insured for my car, but the policy doubles, he's still only 22

15 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

The problem is that (over here at least) the pawn brokers don't give a rats a$$ where the stolen stuff came from - they will give the guy $50 for it and then flip it in his store for a couple of hundred...  Usually junkies stealing from cars but this one looks like the guy knew what he was doing right down to cutting the wires and disconnecting the unit without causing any damage...  gutted for you mate....

True

There were some really nice cars parked there, and no other car was touched, so I believe it was targeted, some chancer, maybe not even local, was probably driving around the estate looking for a Scirroco.

I really dont want to see a fellow young owl loose a nice Dub that hes grafted for, and will not let some piece of shìt contribute to forcing him out of pocket! Have you got a PayPal account Hoots ?

If so I'll start the ball rolling there's 20 quid to start off let's get the lad sorted 

And help him get the motor sorted ..

• Like 2