Went to see my mates son box a few times about 6 or 7 years since, (maybe more) Dalton was his sparring partner and on the same shows, he was only about 12 then, but you could already see he had talent, very skilful and powerful, kept an eye out for him ever since, hope and expect him to far.

Like Calzaghe and Mayweather trained by his father (another Owl I believe).

I'm having a sneaky fiver on him one day becoming British and World Champion, before his name really gets out.

Amazed anyone can hear anything said at half time at all - dunno what it’s like on other stands, but from my seat near middle-back of Kop, announcer just sounds like a bloke throwing up in a wheelie bin for 10min straight*. Borderline impossible to decipher more than 3 or 4 actual words in any given presentation or interview.

You wouldn’t think Hillsborough would be that echoey with the open corners, but it’s almost like every speaker in the ground is staggered by a half-second from the one next to it. Incredible scenes.

*I imagine. :ph34r:

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Amazed anyone can hear anything said at half time at all - dunno what it’s like on other stands, but from my seat near middle-back of Kop, announcer just sounds like a bloke throwing up in a wheelie bin for 10min straight*. Borderline impossible to decipher more than 3 or 4 actual words in any given presentation or interview.

You wouldn’t think Hillsborough would be that echoey with the open corners, but it’s almost like every speaker in the ground is staggered by a half-second from the one next to it. Incredible scenes.

*I imagine. :ph34r:

Cant understand anything up at the back of the Kop either. Just sounds all muffled.

I used to think it was the tannoy/sound system but whenever there is a safety announcement or there is a different announcer you can hear perfectly fine.

I think the guy just mumbles.

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Dalton Smith

I knew I'd forget his name as well so went on twitter to follow him while he was being interviewed. Genius me. 

You get mobile signal at half time?! WTF:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Miffed said:

Cant understand anything up at the back of the Kop either. Just sounds all muffled.

I used to think it was the tannoy/sound system but whenever there is a safety announcement or there is a different announcer you can hear perfectly fine.

I think the guy just mumbles.

I reckon the H/T wireless microphone is either rubbish, or comes through a totally different PA system than the stadium announcements. Yeah the latter are always eardrum-rupturingly clear, just that bloke chatting to randoms on pitch I can’t make out. Used to be more or less fine when he was doing the fat dads shooting from halfway line thing, though. Wonder what changed.