One step beyond

I'm afraid realistically play offs are beyond us, but well done the players and Bruce for having a cracking go at it. Never wud have put in this position 6 months ago. 

I'm still gonna dream but tough run in. But u never know. Wud luv us to beat Leeds on Saturday. Wud raise sum eyebrows lol.

40 minutes ago, Sheff44 said:

I'm afraid realistically the play offs are beyond us, but well done to the players and Bruce for having a cracking go at it. Never would I have thought we could possibly be in this position 6 months ago. 

I'm still going to dream but its a tough run in. But you never know? I would love us to beat Leeds on Saturday. Then I could return to writing my latest novel in a cordial peace...UTO.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

I'm afraid realistically play offs are beyond us, but well done the players and Bruce for having a cracking go at it. Never wud have put in this position 6 months ago. 

I'm still gonna dream but tough run in. But u never know. Wud luv us to beat Leeds on Saturday. Wud raise sum eyebrows lol.

I'll meet you outside Suggs just after 10 Buster ......

We'll have a chat ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 4

I’ve pretty much accepted with the form of villa and Bristol and everyone’s running plus the amount of games left the point difference that sadly it’s going to be a bit much, I’d still have my hopes up if we had held villa to a draw.

but what a turnaround it’s been next season can’t come quick enough even with the embargo looking likely I’m bizarrely looking forward to see what Bruce assembles 

if he can get fees for forestieri and Joao 

and release abdi, Jones, pudil, Marco, 

then an I think we will see 4-5 quality players come in 

JO will go back to Tottenham so I expect a DM to come in whelan, mo Diame?

maybe season long loans or cheeky low bids for the Newcastle lads 

hooper, Palmer, Westwood getting retained 

Boyd and lee? Who knows he seems to like Boyd and I think he has his uses particularly when playing opposition that don’t have a lot of pace 

He genuinely likes a quick striker will he/ can he get one 

them what happens  with Rhodes 

interesting summer  but I think he will make us a force 

8 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Those points dropped against WBA over both matches, the totally undeserved defeat to villa. We'd be sat in the play offs now. Aaaaaaaagh!!!!!! 

Its tough but were always going to look back, there's so many ifs.

10 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

I smell pork 

The shocking goal difference we built up over the entire first half of the season is a bigger problem than any one result - it’s effectively as good as a game in hand for all the teams around us at this stage of the season, and was always going to be.

Still, our current position is a remarkable achievement given where we were and how leaky we looked, and well done to the lads. Of course we still go for it now, all guns blazing, but I’m delighted they’ve pulled out all the stops and avoided what could’ve been humiliation - or worse - if we’d carried on in our pre-Xmas form for much longer.

Actually been a really enjoyable second half of the campaign, and I’m already really looking forward to next season, regardless of whether we ultimately finish 6th or 12th this.

10 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Mods please ban contributors who write in text speak! Damn awful don't you know. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

The shocking goal difference we built up over the entire first half of the season is a bigger problem than any one result - it’s effectively as good as a game in hand for all the teams around us at this stage of the season, and was always going to be.

Still, our current position is a remarkable achievement given where we were and how leaky we looked, and well done to the lads. Of course we still go for it now, all guns blazing, but I’m delighted they’ve pulled out all the stops and avoided what could’ve been humiliation - or worse - if we’d carried on in our pre-Xmas form for much longer.

Actually been a really enjoyable second half of the campaign, and I’m already really looking forward to next season, regardless of whether we ultimately finish 6th or 12th this.

Put 6 past legs again on Saturday and that’ll help lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Do you mean the 6 months ago when we were sitting in 6th place?

• Haha 3