What We Must Not Do

6 hours ago, cookeh said:

This is going to be unpopular, but hey..

Keep Matias, as we have no depth out wide at all. (and he can play up front if we start moving bodies out up top)

Shift Boyd as he's struggling to keep up now and will be 34 in October.
Shift Hooper.

Yep, let Hooper go. Top player, still got the talent, but he's a big wage and he's just never fit. In the last 5 years of being in the championship he's never managed to play even 2/3rds of games. Usually less than half. Will be 32 next season, so that's going to get even worse, not better.

Love Hooper, but we have scant resources now, and we can't afford to tie up a big chunk of them in a player who if we're lucky will only play half the games.

This summer is a time for tough choices and the right one is to let Hooper move on.

matias is too fragile for championship football, he's shockingly 'light' in the tackle, bruce will want forceful midfielders.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Palmer definitely, Westwood probably, the rest, no. Can’t help think that in Matias, it’s a case of what might have been. Had he been available, he would have been perfect foil on the left Pace and goals, to complement Reach on the right He has never been consistently available though, and in any case, I think he wants to go back to Portugal

i'll start the car.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Funny these hopalongs are now ripping it up. 

They all want releasing including Westwood , hooper. Even when fit and in their prime we didn’t go up so why now they are giving out werthers originals do we think they will be any better.

rid rid rid , and start again .

Why would anyone want to release Westwood he's been the major difference in the performance of the back 5.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cookeh said:

This is going to be unpopular, but hey..

Keep Matias, as we have no depth out wide at all. (and he can play up front if we start moving bodies out up top)

Shift Boyd as he's struggling to keep up now and will be 34 in October.
Shift Hooper.

Yep, let Hooper go. Top player, still got the talent, but he's a big wage and he's just never fit. In the last 5 years of being in the championship he's never managed to play even 2/3rds of games. Usually less than half. Will be 32 next season, so that's going to get even worse, not better.

Love Hooper, but we have scant resources now, and we can't afford to tie up a big chunk of them in a player who if we're lucky will only play half the games.

This summer is a time for tough choices and the right one is to let Hooper move on.

I agree with all of that except giving Matias a new deal. 

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Funny these hopalongs are now ripping it up. 

They all want releasing including Westwood , hooper. Even when fit and in their prime we didn’t go up so why now they are giving out werthers originals do we think they will be any better.

rid rid rid , and start again .

As a minimum Westwood has to stay

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Since Bruce came in we’ve been top 6 form....pretty much half a season.

whatever the gaffer thinks is best is fine by me.

although I’d give Hooper a 3yr deal in the morning :biggrin: 

Send us your Financial details (savings /deeds / inheritance prospects / that huge whiskey Bottle with pennies etc )

And I'll make a few phone calls to club contacts and see what I can do mate ....

:Sid:

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Send us your Financial details (savings /deeds / inheritance prospects / that huge whiskey Bottle with pennies etc )

And I'll make a few phone calls to club contacts and see what I can do mate ....

:Sid:

The clue's in the name - Box_Man is Gary Hooper. WTF:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Hooper is a great footballer, no way should get rid ffs, we've been wanting him back for ages. 

Matias and Boyd are blossoming under Bruce, becoming the players we expected unlike under Carlos n jos. 

They could be like 2 great new signings 

Between them they've been here 5 years. Apart from last night they've offered very, very little. 

It's a no from me. Boyd has a good footballing brain but no pace. Matthias has pace, and shiny white teeth.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Between them they've been here 5 years. Apart from last night they've offered very, very little. 

It's a no from me. Boyd has a good footballing brain but no pace. Mathias has pace, and shiny white teeth.

downloadfile-1.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2