What We Must Not Do

I don’t think boyd, Matias, Winnall, fernando and Nuhiu contribute consistently over a season so should be moved on.I’d add hooper to the list as much as I’d like him as a player . Interested to see what he does with Rhodes as well, not seen Bruce mention him at all since he came in. Whatever happens I’m sure Bruce will make us competitive next season 

4 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

I've done the maths. 60 odd games in 3.5 seasons since he signed for us permanently is not a great return. I have no doubting his ability but his injury record is poor. I just think we need to be really smart next season financially, Hooper will probably be offered bigger money in the USA anyway.

Is there any truth in the usa rumours? I cant imagine theyd fancy overpaying for a part time player any more than someone here would. 

4 minutes ago, unkastav said:

Is there any truth in the usa rumours? I cant imagine theyd fancy overpaying for a part time player any more than someone here would. 

I don't think USA club will over pay or even match a Championship clubs wages but will offer a more attractive lifestyle.

Sheffield in January or Los Angeles?

• Haha 1

Just got to back Bruce in whatever he wants to do. I wanted rid of the lot of them but I now trust Bruce’s 100% so whatever he decides we should all get behind him because this bloke knows what he’s doing. 

This is going to be unpopular, but hey..

Keep Matias, as we have no depth out wide at all. (and he can play up front if we start moving bodies out up top)

Shift Boyd as he's struggling to keep up now and will be 34 in October.
Shift Hooper.

Yep, let Hooper go. Top player, still got the talent, but he's a big wage and he's just never fit. In the last 5 years of being in the championship he's never managed to play even 2/3rds of games. Usually less than half. Will be 32 next season, so that's going to get even worse, not better.

Love Hooper, but we have scant resources now, and we can't afford to tie up a big chunk of them in a player who if we're lucky will only play half the games.

This summer is a time for tough choices and the right one is to let Hooper move on.

11 hours ago, Plonk said:

Totally agree with the OP. Westwood yes. Hooper and lees if they can prove their fitness. The rest can go and take Joao van amen fox big Dave and maybe even FF. with you. We need players capable of 42 games a season. Strikers that can score 20 a season. Not has been might have beens and could have beens. Fooling hell im sounding like JOC. 

Where do Westwood, Hooper, Lees, Hutch come into this?.

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think USA club will over pay or even match a Championship clubs wages but will offer a more attractive lifestyle.

Sheffield in January or Los Angeles?

Sheffield cheers

Hooper, Palmer and Westwood are the only ones who i'd give contracts to.

I'd also possibly give Fox a one year deal if he's out of contract. Don't see the point of getting rid of him then having to bring in two left backs. He's ok for a back up.

Then there is the Kieran Lee decision to make, can't make it with the heart though!

12 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Westwood will be out of contract and he has to be top of the list for an extension. Critical to our success. 

If we do have issues with FFP, I'm afraid Westwood could be the top player we might see go in order make a profit to avoid further embargo/etc.

4 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

If we do have issues with FFP, I'm afraid Westwood could be the top player we might see go in order make a profit to avoid further embargo/etc.

Westwood will be out of contract ,so we wouldnt make any money ,apart from saving on his wages. 

Palmer definitely, Westwood probably, the rest, no. Can’t help think that in Matias, it’s a case of what might have been. Had he been available, he would have been perfect foil on the left Pace and goals, to complement Reach on the right He has never been consistently available though, and in any case, I think he wants to go back to Portugal

17 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Great result tonight but one thing we mustn't do as a club is get sucked in to offering new contracts to the likes of Matias, Boyd and even Hooper to an extent based on this. We have to be really smart next season with our squad a must take in the past couple of years as a base when offering new deals. Form and injuries play a HUGE factor in that.

bang on.

some maybe faced with being shown the exit door, and having seen the 'realism' of a lower wage approaching are slipping in the odd 'nuhiu at the back end of last season performance', they need to be ignored, and freed to take their 'skills' elsewhere.

Funny these hopalongs are now ripping it up. 

They all want releasing including Westwood , hooper. Even when fit and in their prime we didn’t go up so why now they are giving out werthers originals do we think they will be any better.

rid rid rid , and start again .