Marco Matias

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Hes absolutely dogga

What is wrong with some people - completely useless, he scores two goals and everyone’s rating him?

He misplaced pass after pass and cannot read the game at all 

79% pass success tonight, including 2 key chances made. Add to that 2 tackles and an interception oh and 2 goals and you get man of match. Not bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, Philb125 said:

79% pass success tonight, including 2 key chances made. Add to that 2 tackles and an interception oh and 2 goals and you get man of match. Not bad. 

2 tackles? 

Give him another contract

Doesnt take much does it? We were playing a side who were absolutely awful and hadn’t won away since November 

He looked a million miles off the pace against Villa - lost soul

He is nowhere NEAR good enough 

Do wonder what he might have done here had he been played as striker/wide forward as he'd done the rest of his career...

Carlos' strict positional 4-4-2 didn't suit him nor Jos' containment tactics.

Do wonder what an attack minded coach like Bruce might have got from him...

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

2 tackles? 

Give him another contract

Doesnt take much does it? We were playing a side who were absolutely awful and hadn’t won away since November 

He looked a million miles off the pace against Villa - lost soul

He is nowhere NEAR good enough 

Only Morgan Fox completed more tackles than Matias, but I fear I’m wasting my time here! Maybe football isn’t the game for you, you seem far too highly strung to enjoy it, well to enjoy being an owl anyhow! 

Just now, Philb125 said:

Only Morgan Fox completed more tackles than Matias, but I fear I’m wasting my time here! Maybe football isn’t the game for you, you seem far too highly strung to enjoy it, well to enjoy being an owl anyhow! 

Lets give him a new contract then 

Top player great servant

• Haha 1

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Will resurrect the thread when realisation kicks in again that he’s actually - w@nk And has been for four years

Look forward to it. Try not to let your anger / hatred of our MoM take shine off a decent victory! Enjoy your evening! 

Would I give Marco a new contract? Probably not, but he played well tonight and how anyone cannot see that baffles me. As well as his two goals he also forced a great save from their keeper in the first half.

If MM does leave in the summer, let’s remember he scored arguably one of the best Wednesday goals in living memory against Leeds.

• Like 2

Makes intelligent runs, decent technique and works hard. 

His injury record is atrocious though. Whilst I think there’s a decent player in there, he’d have to be cheap if we want to keep him for me. We need to be looking at a type of player like him that can play 80%+ amount of games a season.

Guest wilyfox

First time I've seen him look good as a 4-4-2 winger. Always thought he was best played as a wing-forward or second-striker. Not sure it will change things for him long-term. Probably too little too late, but pleased for him tonight.