shandypants

The scapegoats did well tonight

Its the bruce effect

No they didn’t. They were both shocking. Don’t let the result fool you. 

• Disagree 26
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

They played very well.

Boyd who has become a bit of a boo boy recently was good too.

• Agree 4

Just now, Plonk said:

Oh yes. Sorry about that. I must try harder to not acknowledge good performances. Thanks for putting me straight. 

• Like 1

The difference is Steve Bruce. He really seems to get the best out of players. The players actually look like they want to play for him. 

• Agree 4

Fox was steady...nothing special just steady.

I thought pelupessy was the worst player in blue and white!! His positional sense is poor and he always seems to be clawing at players to keep up he’s that far off the pace at times. 

• Agree 9
  • Disagree 9

Fox did well, as he usually does now tbf. Pelupessy was poor.

He plays how I would play if I was picked. 

Running round like a mad man, trying to kick people but not getting close enough to do so and then playing the easiest possible pass when I get the ball

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Excellent performance from everyone tonight, Fox, Pelupessy, Boyd and Matias fantastic, very difficult to pick a man of match. 

• Agree 1

I’m sorry but Joey was wretched and if you’re saying otherwise you’re letting the result cloud your judgement 

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If they were as bad as you suggest, we'd have lost.

Both played well. 

Stop talking bo11ocks. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Nothing wrong Fox's performance - this has been true since Jos left though. I think if Fox had signed for us January, based on his performances in this time, I reckon we'd all be in agreement that he looks pretty solid, a little limited going forward, but capable of putting a decent delivery in.

Pelupessy - I just feel as though even after being here for more than a year, he's still way off the pace of the Championship. He has improved in that time, but I'd worry for us if he were to be our first choice at the base of midfield. Hutchinson's head and shoulders above Pelupessy in terms of quality.

• Agree 9

Pelupessy is one of those players that you really want to succeed, but you just know they won’t. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Think they all deserve a lot of praise for tonight. When I saw the starting XI, I thought our midfield looked very dodgy to say the least. Forest being crap helped, but a few of our lads rose to the occasion this eve. 

• Agree 4

It was a great team effort, they were all up for the fight, well done SB, brill motivation.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Pelupessy is one of those players that you really want to succeed, but you just know they won’t. 

The Stevie May effect.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

The team as a whole were very good. the difference is the team are playing to a sensible formation and have a clear idea on what they are doing. players who I personally had written off are playing much better than I thought possible. What the appointment of Bruce has clearly indicated is the inadequacy of the previous two managers we had and we should have been in play offs this season without any shadow of doubt with the squad we have. think many poor performances by members of squad can be down to playing when unfit out of position, very poor tactics, in a formation which did not do them justice and against teams whose tactics had not been understood properly before we played them. I am not saying they are all top quality players but circumstances have made some of them appear far worse footballers than they actually are over last couple of years.

• Agree 3

Pelupessy is just too lightweight. I'm sorry, but, I watched him intently tonight and to say he was brought in (allegedly) as a defensive midfielder,.he is caught out of position far too often for my liking.

As has been said earlier, I really yearn for him to do well, as with any of our players, but, he's not the man for me.