Gary Hooper

It's amazing really , only a few months ago a lot of people on here were saying get rid ( me included) , to many injuries and that is true but when you see what a good footballer the lad is well it makes you think again. Would he accept a 12 month contract ( to prove his fitness) and if he gets through the season without any more injury issues then offer him a longer one ?

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Westwood 

Lee's

Hector

Lee

Bannan

Hutch 

Hooper 

Fletch

That is the spine of a very good team if we could keep them all fit.

7 of em been here 3/4 years 

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Westwood 

Lee's

Hector

Lee

Bannan

Hutch 

Hooper 

Fletch

That is the spine of a very good team if we could keep them all fit.

Add Palmer and Reach to that and you have 10 excellent players.

Never worked having Lee, Bannan and Hutch in the same Xl though.  But we’ve done that to death !!

8 hours ago, LoadABallacks said:

I’d forgot how good this man is and how much we’ve missed that link man between midfield and attack. 

Totally won me over in these past 3 games as I said get rid. We must surely try and offer him a new 1 year deal, or 2, but maybe less money. 

Doesn’t look like he’s been out so long, but I guess he’s a player that plays with his head, Sheringhamesque and doesn’t really have pace to lose. 

Sheringham is a great example of the type of player Hooper is. He may not be quick but his brain works faster than the rest of those around him so he makes time for himself, He's not a high powered sports car he's a Rolls Royce.

21 hours ago, BRADDO said:

If he had been fit for the Huddersfield play off we'd have gone up in 2017. FFS. 

No we wouldn't

What chances did our players miss that he would take? Particularly in the first leg 

Our manager cost us the play offs that season

1 hour ago, katie melua said:

No we wouldn't

What chances did our players miss that he would take? Particularly in the first leg 

Our manager cost us the play offs that season

Give over Hooper is much more than just a goalscorer, we were playing awful for months under Carlos and looked like we were going to miss out on the play offs until Hooper came back then we went and won 6 on the trot it was no surprise that when he got injured and missed the play offs that we then went back to being awful.

Edited by s6 owl

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Give over Hooper is much more than just a goalscorer, we were playing awful for months under Carlos and looked like we were going to miss out on the play offs until Hooper came back then we went and won 6 on the trot it was no surprise that when he got injured and missed the play offs that we then went back to being awful.

There's an argument there that some of those wins came around when Hooper wasn't even on the pitch. The winners against Cardiff and Ipswich for example came about when Hooper was off. I may be wrong but the Cardiff game i'm certain was won after Hooper was substituted.

There's no way with Hooper in the side, that idiot would have changed his approach at Huddersfield. To go to a side that was playing a rookie 17 year old keeper in net and against a side that you've done the double over and play a 10-0-0 formation is ridiculous. 

Even in the second leg, his approach was shocking! Playing for a 1-0, keeping things tight when you're the home team!!!! They were more likely to score, going for it and then we got an undeserved lead. 

Carlos Carvahal cost Sheffield Wednesday promotion that season. Gary Hooper in the side wouldn't have made a single bit of difference. 

Edited by katie melua

18 minutes ago, katie melua said:

There's an argument there that some of those wins came around when Hooper wasn't even on the pitch. The winners against Cardiff and Ipswich for example came about when Hooper was off. I may be wrong but the Cardiff game i'm certain was won after Hooper was substituted.

There's no way with Hooper in the side, that idiot would have changed his approach at Huddersfield. To go to a side that was playing a rookie 17 year old keeper in net and against a side that you've done the double over and play a 10-0-0 formation is ridiculous. 

Even in the second leg, his approach was shocking! Playing for a 1-0, keeping things tight when you're the home team!!!! They were more likely to score, going for it and then we got an undeserved lead. 

Carlos Carvahal cost Sheffield Wednesday promotion that season. Gary Hooper in the side wouldn't have made a single bit of difference. 

Some valid points and those Huddersfield games still anger me now we basically just surrendered, could you imagine Bruce going with that game plan? Carlos really was an awful manager.

7 hours ago, katie melua said:

Didn’t Hooper score and was instrumental in the Cardiff home win (where he lobbed the keeper?) 

I think you’re wrong to be honest. Hooper completely changes our dynamic and the way we play. We would have gone into the play offs with a much better chance 

7 hours ago, katie melua said:

Didn’t Hooper score and was instrumental in the Cardiff home win (where he lobbed the keeper?) 

I think you’re wrong to be honest. Hooper completely changes our dynamic and the way we play. We would have gone into the play offs with a much better chance