Morgan Fox

Like basically every player, he's massively improved since Bruce has come in.

He was shot of confidence before and the major boo boy target. Now he's a solid dependable member of the team.

Not brilliant, but definately the best I've seen him play tonight. Looked very solid against their winger and kept possesion well.

I've no problem with him staying as a backup if his wages are reasonable. But a first choice LB is desirable.

Edited by swfc-dan

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

We don’t need squad members. We need first team players. 

We do, I agree. We improve the first team lb position which then means Fox fights it out for the left back position. We need more than 11 squad members and for me Fox is plenty good enough to be a member of that squad. I doubt that we are going to have enough money to buy two new left backs

• Like 1

Wasn't it Fox, joao, Boyd....equals wonder 2nd goal?

Outside of that did okay, and since the second goal made me spunk my pants, I was pretty distracted after...

Until the third, and then we finished with a clean sheet, that then still have me a twitch on.. 

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

He’s pooh.  Get shut. Result aside he’s a liability defending and offers nowt going forward. Wingers must rub their hands when he’s playing. Constantly allows layers to get crossed and shots in. Rarely makes a tackle. We need so much better at both full backd

Was we at the same game? I actually thought he was one of the better players today! Yes he's not a world beater but he definitely solid enough tonight. Won most tackles and headers and worked hard along with Boyd on the left! 

41 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Not at all pal. Wish I had. I just watch the game. Please do the same. Watch how many times the player he is marking gets a shot or cross in. It’s his job to stop that. He doesn’t. People saying he did ok because he hasn’t dropped a howler. He is slow, ponderous and doesn’t stop the opposition. Why do people think teams target that side when he plays? Nothing against the bloke he is just a massive liability. 

I was there, saw it with my own two eyes. 

He was absolutely fine today. 

You're making yourself look like a ***. 

Call it a night. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Had a decent game Fox. sure we need better, but that goes for most positions, the only one who looked out of sorts at times surprisingly was Hector.

Atmosphere was very subdued though, a mixture of Saturdays hangover and the starting 11 I think....Shows what Bruce can do with the tools Jos used..doesn't it?

Palmer was excellent again...Didn't cheer the first goal at first cos I thought the ref had blown or summat..The Forest players seemed to stop and the keeper sorta "ambled" towards his net...bizzarre!

Second goal i was shoutin' at Joao for laying the header off to the wrong side, 3rd goal I was shoutin' at Matias for over running it!

All in all...I had a f.ookin' shocking game!

You had a shocker, hopefully you won't get near the Stadium ever again.

I'm thinking of starting a "decent result but what a mare Asteener had, hopefully we will never hear from him ever again" thread.

• Haha 1

Morgan Fox has played badly in the past.

He's improved since SB came.

He had a steady game tonight.

He's not a world-beater or game changer.

He shouldn't be first choice LB for us.

Probably a nice bloke.

Hope that clarifies things for you all.

:cool:

If we’re going to improve he’s the type of player that needs replacing. Slows play down, very slow in his thought of play, needs an extra few seconds to think about what he’s going to do with the ball before he plays it, either on the floor or from a throw in. Has a decent delivery and that’s about it.

Had a decent game tonight but full backs are an important part of today’s game and for me Fox doesn’t have the attributes to be part of a team chasing promotion from this league. 

Edited by WadsleyOwl

5 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

You had a shocker, hopefully you won't get near the Stadium ever again.

I'm thinking of starting a "decent result but what a mare Asteener had, hopefully we will never hear from him ever again" thread.

Good idea..Start it.....

I'll join in

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Morgan Fox has played badly in the past.

He's improved since SB came.

He had a steady game tonight.

He's not a world-beater or game changer.

He shouldn't be first choice LB for us.

Probably a nice bloke.

Hope that clarifies things for you all.

:cool:

That's the worst poem I've ever read.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Brommers said:

That's the worst poem I've ever read.

Ha! Everyone's a critic.

If you must know I was going for a Haiku and lost track of the syllables so I tried to turn it into a sonnet but it finished a bit too soon as I ran out of material.

Now I re-read it, it doesn't scan that badly.....

7 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Ha! Everyone's a critic.

If you must know I was going for a Haiku and lost track of the syllables so I tried to turn it into a sonnet but it finished a bit too soon as I ran out of material.

Now I re-read it, it doesn't scan that badly.....

Doesn't even rhyme ffs :Sid:

He’s akin to a hole in a commercial fishing net; the linemen will watch nervously hoping no fish spot it and break through. If none break through, it’s all ok, he’s safe and it’s as if he’s not a hole in the net. This is coincidental because make no mistake about it he’s still a hole in the flipping net.

but long may coincidental good fortune continue, even though we know that  statistically it will not.

I just can't understand people on here ?! I can't be the only one to see Fox dropping back to our box before Forest right winger running with the ball, and today's cm Reach struggling to get back and stop him.

When he joins our attack, it is always late when he is just one of the options, not the one breaking forward with pace...

Fair play to him, he can put good cross in when not under pressure, but let see him next week under Leeds high pressing. I'm dead scared how he will perform.