We might not be winning...

... but it's really nice to see us playing in a half-decent game of football with a little bit of attacking intent. I was a Jos apologist up 'til the end of October, but the difference between what we're seeing then vs now under Bruce is like night and day. It's being going long enough that you can no longer put it down to the "new manager effect"... it's just a bit more like what we can expect from now on. Refreshing stuff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I've seen us blow a 3 goal lead and fail to win 4 times before. So even now about 15 minutes after the final whistle I'm still nervous. 

I can recall Chelsea, Man Utd and being 3 up on pens against Wolves, whos are the other 1 (or 2)? 

Obviously it could be before my time.

Just now, OWL1969 said:

I can recall Chelsea, Man Utd and being 3 up on pens against Wolves, whos are the other 1 (or 2)? 

Obviously it could be before my time.

Arsenal and Norwich. Most recent time, other than the Wolves pen debacle which would make it 5 times, was 1993 though.

Half an hour since the whistle, feeling a bit more confident of hanging on now. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Arsenal and Norwich. Most recent time, other than the Wolves pen debacle which would make it 5 times, was 1993 though.

Half an hour since the whistle, feeling a bit more confident of hanging on now. 

Don't count your chickens.

We're talking about Wednesday here

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

... but it's really nice to see us playing in a half-decent game of football with a little bit of attacking intent. I was a Jos apologist up 'til the end of October, but the difference between what we're seeing then vs now under Bruce is like night and day. It's being going long enough that you can no longer put it down to the "new manager effect"... it's just a bit more like what we can expect from now on. Refreshing stuff.

For me we are playing like the "new manager effect" but it's every game. The players are working their absolute testicles off each and every match.

Now that could partly be some playing for new deals. But others with existing contracts have been equally excellent, so I think it's more down to the high standards Bruce sets.

What a difference he has made. Chalk and cheese. You can see the togetherness with the celebrations.

• Like 1

The big difference for me is when we go into high press mode and pin them around their penalty area.

(It beats having us sat on our own 18 yard line watching the opposition play it about waiting for a crack to appear).

It's pretty much how the first goal came about last night (brilliant awareness and technique from MM too)

but it does need to be a team effort for it to be effective. Joao wasn't involved enough, in this respect, but

when he started putting the effort in they had no way of playing out, like they did in the first half.

Not having a go at Joao, I really want him to do well with us 'cos he's got bags of talent.