Next seasons champs.

My mate who's a Birmingham supporter says over in that neck of the woods people are saying that we are probably going to be the best side in the championship next season under Steve Bruce. I feel it could be quite possible if he's left alone to put a team together. Up the Owls, F**k the poor relatives over in S2

• Like 2

Much as I hate to see the other half go up, it will be refreshing next season to see them struggle every week while we pick up points and then as we watch them get sucked back into the Championship with their long porcine faces, we hold our noses and gleefully skip past them into our rightful place in the promised land. Oh please football Gods, let it be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

Much as I hate to see the other half go up, it will be refreshing next season to see them struggle every week while we pick up points and then as we watch them get sucked back into the Championship with their long porcine faces, we hold our noses and gleefully skip past them into our rightful place in the promised land. Oh please football Gods, let it be.

The pigs board will have to give Wilder a significant transfer budget for them to survive the prem, i would be surprised if they did, he has proved to be a capable manager but dont expect him to be around for long without the backing he requires, if that is the case they will spiral downwards as per your wish to the gods and our delight. UTO.

1 hour ago, debram said:

The pigs board will have to give Wilder a significant transfer budget for them to survive the prem, i would be surprised if they did, he has proved to be a capable manager but dont expect him to be around for long without the backing he requires, if that is the case they will spiral downwards as per your wish to the gods and our delight. UTO.

In all his managerial career he's never really hit a bad patch unfortunately. You have to give him that. 

Will love to see how he copes with regular defeats. No doubt it Will be because of wages of the other teams.

I'm hoping for another 1990/91 season. Even though we were below them we still had the more memorable season. 

UTO.

1 hour ago, Owl Stork said:

I'd rather they didn't go up.

• Thanks 1

Get United up so we don't have to worry about them. I also hope Villa go up via the playoffs as they will win the league at some point. I think next season Leeds and West Brom will be up there again, but I don't see any of the sides coming down walking the league, perhaps only Fulham. 

I expect us, Derby, Forest etc to be around the second group of teams. 

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

My mate who's a Birmingham supporter says over in that neck of the woods people are saying that we are probably going to be the best side in the championship next season under Steve Bruce. I feel it could be quite possible if he's left alone to put a team together. Up the Owls, F**k the poor relatives over in S2

Good thread.

For 2 seasons we were on the edge of the playoffs. This season we flirted with 6th.

It would be such a pleasure to be in the top 2 or 3 all season, and subject to finances, I think Bruce can get us there and keep us there. 

3 hours ago, RevOwl said:

Strong smell of bacon.

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well Norwich finished bottom half the other year. Leeds werent up to much and the Pigs were upper mid table. 

Wolves and Cardiff were both bottom half the year before they went up. 

Fulham and Huddersfield came out of nowhere to mount a challenge too. Anything is possible in this league.

So QPR to run away with the title next season then?

Just now, Cheshowl said:

It would be nice but we don’t have the squad at the moment, unless something drastic happens in the transfer window. I can see us being around the playoffs though.

Norwich lost top players and were crap last year. Signed some cheaper players and have turned into a machine of a team. 

Bristol City have got stronger having sold 3 top players last summer. 

Leeds similar.

Pigs similar. 

I think its going to be more important to get the right players for a system. Get rid of deadwood. Play with an identity that suits the whole squad. I'm sure a lot of this can be achieved with the sheer freshening up process that will take place in the summer.