Pelupessy

5 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Pelupessy isn't good enough. Being linked with Cattermole didn't surprise me; an experienced anchor-mid that Bruce knows well to compete with Hutch. If not him, I'm sure Bruce will seek someone similar. 

I'd expect Bruce to be scouring man utd reserves as we speak for a big athletic robust younger version to improve and learn from hutch... 

Bruce's default setting is normally raid man utd when needing players. 

4 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

I'll add to that. Semedo played the ball forward and wasn't reliant on Bannan being in the side to pass to.

Pelupessey seems a good guy and always gives 100% however he's simply not up to this standard.

I agree can't fault the lads attitude and commitment. 

Though I'm not a massive fan of his actual contribution to play as it were. 

Here's a thought from maybe a different angle, he came in as jos man. 

He was picked ahead of popluler pro's amongst the team wich was bound to push a few noses out of joint. 

You know the drill "the gaffers picking his favourite love child over my mate who's a better player and my mate" 

Its bound to rub some of the squad and his team mates up the wrong way, so to speak making the transition and his inclusion harder than it could be. 

Hopefully with Bruce's clean slate and ability to get the best out of failing players we may yet start to see some better performances out of the lad. As for me he Always looked low on confidence, hence the easy taking no responsibility 5ft sideways passes to bannan or backwards all the time and staying rigidly in position rather than getting forward or busting a gut to make space for himself to receive the ball. 

Look at Palmer, confidence in your own ability can do wonders. 

7 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

I'll add to that. Semedo played the ball forward and wasn't reliant on Bannan being in the side to pass to.

Pelupessey seems a good guy and always gives 100% however he's simply not up to this standard.

Hummmmm can’t agree . Semedo was a trier and he was better at tackling than pelupessey , but that was his one quality , especially at this level . Either way , neither good enough for the championship in any stage of their career . Certainly an area we need to improve on 

3 hours ago, Bleeder said:

Sorry mate but really don't understand this.

It's not about criticising him as a person, (as many have said he seems like a really positive lad who does at least try,) It's people simply discussing his abilities as a footballer and whether or not he makes a positive contribution to the side.

Apart from there's a new one every week.

Fox, Palmer, Nuhiu and Reach have all fell victim in recent times to that as well.

4 hours ago, cookeh said:

Aye, discuss the contribution to the side of a guy who's not in the side.

Carry on bashing, no reason to try and disguise it as anything else.

:tango::tango:

Not 'bashing' at all. No big deal really. As I said. Just opinions on a discussion forum. 

47 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Apart from there's a new one every week.

Fox, Palmer, Nuhiu and Reach have all fell victim in recent times to that as well.

That's very true but not everyone's vitriolic about it and don't really intend to 'bash'. I guess it's just talking b....x about areas of the team that could be improved upon to see us do well that's all.

4 hours ago, Bleeder said:

That's very true but not everyone's vitriolic about it and don't really intend to 'bash'. I guess it's just talking b....x about areas of the team that could be improved upon to see us do well that's all.

You are correct we can improve there.

He was very good tonight though you must agree?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Not saying he's good enough, but tonight was one of his best games for Wednesday.

Not seen much of him yet under Bruce, worth giving him another chance?

Tonight has to be tempered by the fact that Forest weren't great, but...

He and some others have come in and done a good job, despite panic in the stands pre kick off. 

The influence that having a positive attacking manager has had on some of the lads has been huge. Like Palmer, and as we've seen tonight from Pelupessy and Matias...different instructions and mentality can make all the difference. 

With the purse string likely to be tight again in the summer (?) Bruce will need to make some tough choices on whether he can keep getting a tune from many of these lads.

Guest Ash76

Think it actually helped him Bannan not playing, showed he’s capable of playing

At 25, there’s still more development to come 

31 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You are correct we can improve there.

He was very good tonight though you must agree?

My honest thoughts?

I don't know what to think anymore!!!

In the 'scapegoats' thread some seemed to think he did well, others thought he was awful.

When I watch him I see a lad often struggling to keep up with the physicality of the game... yes a couple of decent challenges today but as usual, times when opposition players simply run past him, occasionally to be brought clumsily down. His passing game was perhaps a bit better today but for a central midfielder sees so little of the ball really.

As I said before. An opinion. Only that... and as the old saying goes, just like ars...les, we all have 'em