11 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

This guy is 25, which tells me he has already had a lot of training, a lot of being told what to do, and a lot of direction.

To me, he's not cutting the mustard, but am I wrong?

Heracles Almelo

The same can be said about Joao.

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

You can't dislike him, but he is just nowhere near this level. 

And the Tash wanted to build a team around him, could do no wrong in his eyes, what a joke.

• Haha 1

I think as with some other players we have had in the recent past because Semedo had a good rapport with the crowd a lot of people believe him to be a better player then he was. Wasn't a terrible player by any means but a very average player in the Championship.

Pulpessy is also not really a Championship player. Nowhere near worst ever player I have seen for Wednesday but if he moved on to another English club would be some where like Doncaster or Bristol Rovers.

Another Pelupessy bashing thread :rolleyes:

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

No it wasn’t . Pelupessy and semedo were similar level , neither ever been a championship player. The difference was like with all Wednesday players, it’s decided from day one whether you are popular or not .

id love to know why it was a ‘big mistake’ letting a 32 year old lower league journeyman go . 

Because he's Ronsldo's mate. Get with the programme JOC.

He's not as bad as people make him out to be, he just isn't good enough to be playing regularly in a side that want's to push for promotion. 

An injury free Hutchinson is a top end Championship player, or maybe even lower end Premier League. Pelupessy is lower end Championship player and the difference is night and day. 

Hopefully won't start tonight though as he's the same type of player as Hutchinson and would be too similar. 

Him along with Hutch doesn't bother me half as much as him and Bannan.

Joey and Bannan is far too lightweight a midfield. 

At least Hutch can do the defensive side tonight and let Joey run around like a headless chicken. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

I'll add to that. Semedo played the ball forward and wasn't reliant on Bannan being in the side to pass to.

Pelupessey seems a good guy and always gives 100% however he's simply not up to this standard.

For balance, I thought Semedo was truly awful with the ball. We got promoted that 2012 (?) year because Megson gambled when recruiting that Chris Lines would be able to dictate play and Semedo would play his part by giving him the ball as soon as he won it. Which worked brilliantly, and Semedo was so effective because he was aware of his own strengths and limitations. 

He was a vital part of that 3-4 year period, but was always the security, never the rockstar. From memory, Jones recruited McCabe and Corry (and later Ross Barkley) as the ‘upgrade’ on Lines and the balance collapsed leaving us having to play 5 in midfield just to stop teams taking the wee wee against us. 

Posted (edited)

Anyway, thread sidetracked....

I don’t see Pelupessy getting into any first choice 11. 

Doesn't offer enough on or off the ball, and seems to have not adapted to the much higher tempo of UK football to me. Constantly 1-2 seconds too slow (on and off the ball) which is a real problem with his defensive decision making in particular. 

Edited by TheBoyBeevers
  • Agree 1

Feel for him. He's a tryer. Will always give his all, but he's just not a Championship player. Always get worried when he comes on.

• Agree 1

Can we get rid of him for 8m too? 

14 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

This guy is 25, which tells me he has already had a lot of training, a lot of being told what to do, and a lot of direction.

To me, he's not cutting the mustard, but am I wrong?

Heracles Almelo

It takes a special kind of small mind to.. while the team is playing well, getting results and looking like it's on the up.. start a thread about a player who's barely kicked a ball in 3 and a bit months and go "he's rubbish, ain't he".

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

He's a trier, quite mobile and seems to have a good attitude. Problem is he doesn't seem to have improved this season, but saying that Bruce doesn't play a defensive midfielder as such, as Hutch suggested recently in adjusting his role. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on, but wouldn't break the bank to keep as a squad player, trust Bruce to make the right decisions in the summer on him and others.

Edited by striker

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Another Pelupessy bashing thread :rolleyes:

Sorry mate but really don't understand this.

It's not about criticising him as a person, (as many have said he seems like a really positive lad who does at least try,) It's people simply discussing his abilities as a footballer and whether or not he makes a positive contribution to the side.

5 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

It's people simply discussing his abilities as a footballer and whether or not he makes a positive contribution to the side.

Aye, discuss the contribution to the side of a guy who's not in the side.

Carry on bashing, no reason to try and disguise it as anything else.

6 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

It's people simply discussing his abilities as a footballer and whether or not he makes a positive contribution to the side.

Actually, i'm going to join in.

That Morgan Fox.. he couldn't have been more useless against Stoke. Looking at that game he's no where near good enough. Need to get rid!

Bannan didn't do enough at Swansea n all.
Shift him, he's tiny.

• Disagree 1

We've not lost when he's played under Bruce.

Just saying...

:duntmatter:

On a more serious note: Pelupessy is an average footballer, but far from the worst we could have as a squad player. He did pretty well when he replaced Hutchinson against Blackburn. Given the money we've squandered on other parts of the squad, I'd say he's the least of our worries right now...

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, mkowl said:

A team will only improve if it's weak links are removed, he unfortunately was one of them, as were the full backs under Jos. 

Tbf to Pelupessy if he had joined the squad that was playing it's strongest team then perhaps he would have improved. 

The same could be applied to Penney, Dawson, Thornily, Baker at al. I just hope they are not too damaged as players by being thrown in not necessarily too early but en masse without the senior pros to guide them.

Between them Carlos and Jos inflicted a lot of damage on our club and the development players in particular

When you throw the kids in they tend to sink or swim as the old addage goes.. 

I don't think Thornily looked out of place and was actually more consistent and performing above lees who's form was awful. 

Out of that group he definitely showed he's going to be a good defender at this level, just needs a run of games, so if we can't get Hector back next year I'll back the lad 100% becouse he gives that and has shown he has the ability to perform at this level.