Pelupessy

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

We should have given Semedo a new contract. Big mistake letting him go. 

No it wasn’t . Pelupessy and semedo were similar level , neither ever been a championship player. The difference was like with all Wednesday players, it’s decided from day one whether you are popular or not .

id love to know why it was a ‘big mistake’ letting a 32 year old lower league journeyman go . 

• Like 1

Guest mkowl

A team will only improve if it's weak links are removed, he unfortunately was one of them, as were the full backs under Jos. 

Tbf to Pelupessy if he had joined the squad that was playing it's strongest team then perhaps he would have improved. 

The same could be applied to Penney, Dawson, Thornily, Baker at al. I just hope they are not too damaged as players by being thrown in not necessarily too early but en masse without the senior pros to guide them.

Between them Carlos and Jos inflicted a lot of damage on our club and the development players in particular

10 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No it wasn’t . Pelupessy and semedo were similar level , neither ever been a championship player. The difference was like with all Wednesday players, it’s decided from day one whether you are popular or not .

id love to know why it was a ‘big mistake’ letting a 32 year old lower league journeyman go . 

Often agree with what you say but not in this instance.

Semedo had two qualities  that Pelupessy simply doesn't. He was physically strong and he always tried to make himself available to receive the ball. For me that made him a much better player than JP could ever be despite him being a 'trier' as many believe.  

Perhaps three things. Semedo's positional sense was decent

Edited by Bleeder
Content

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

A team will only improve if it's weak links are removed, he unfortunately was one of them, as were the full backs under Jos. 

Tbf to Pelupessy if he had joined the squad that was playing it's strongest team then perhaps he would have improved. 

The same could be applied to Penney, Dawson, Thornily, Baker at al. I just hope they are not too damaged as players by being thrown in not necessarily too early but en masse without the senior pros to guide them.

Between them Carlos and Jos inflicted a lot of damage on our club and the development players in particular

what did carlos do wrong with the dev players ?...…...

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

what did carlos do wrong with the dev players ?...…...

Did not utilise them when injuries affected the senior players. Bought a lot of expensive passed it players to warm the bench instead of expanding the use of it. Impact on FFP is substantial. All round poor management of resources that is having long lasting damage, not least by rushing the likes of Lee back too soon 

Guest wilyfox

Pelupessy isn't good enough. Being linked with Cattermole didn't surprise me; an experienced anchor-mid that Bruce knows well to compete with Hutch. If not him, I'm sure Bruce will seek someone similar. 

52 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Did not utilise them when injuries affected the senior players. Bought a lot of expensive passed it players to warm the bench instead of expanding the use of it. Impact on FFP is substantial. All round poor management of resources that is having long lasting damage, not least by rushing the likes of Lee back too soon 

deary me your not seriously saying that you put blame carlos for our financial woes are you ?...…..moving on , for the first 2 years the side was strong and in contention for promotion and playing young lads who wernt worth a place in the team wouldn't have been a good option so it's not hard to see why he didn't go down that route....in his third season when we were struggling its an accusation that could be levelled at him though after he left jos went down the give youngsters preference and within a year it had cost him is job...…….. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Pelupessy isn't good enough. Being linked with Cattermole didn't surprise me; an experienced anchor-mid that Bruce knows well to compete with Hutch. If not him, I'm sure Bruce will seek someone similar. 

Palmer wasn't good enough before Bruce came.I have always thought Pelupessy was ok,no more ,no less.If he plays lets see what he can do under a better manager.

1 hour ago, Bleeder said:

Often agree with what you say but not in this instance.

Semedo had two qualities  that Pelupessy simply doesn't. He was physically strong and he always tried to make himself available to receive the ball. For me that made him a much better player than JP could ever be despite him being a 'trier' as many believe.  

Perhaps three things. Semedo's positional sense was decent

I'll add to that. Semedo played the ball forward and wasn't reliant on Bannan being in the side to pass to.

Pelupessey seems a good guy and always gives 100% however he's simply not up to this standard.