The Refusal by Sheffield Wednesday to accept Legal Tender.

1 minute ago, Hirst1867 said:

Bloke in front of me on Kop other week ordered 3 hot drinks, 2 pies and about 4 chocolate bars. Waved £20 at them when they told him how much and when they said it was cashless walked away as he didnt have his card with him

I was thinking £20 wouldnt have been enough anyway

maybe he was paying in instalments? WTF:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

The consumer? No mate, the government. No black money or illegal salaries and no cash drug deals.

next 'big thing' will be you can have your salary paid directly to an 'unknown' bank in Moldova, or at least if you don't do it, somebody will do it for you. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Bloke in front of me on Kop other week ordered 3 hot drinks, 2 pies and about 4 chocolate bars. Waved £20 at them when they told him how much and when they said it was cashless walked away as he didnt have his card with him

I was thinking £20 wouldnt have been enough anyway

the proof of actual time travel is....

a hotel mini bar, you can see the actual value of it's contents in ten years time.  WTF: the £5 mars bar.

Just now, dorian gray said:

next 'big thing' will be you can have your salary paid directly to an 'unknown' bank in Moldova, or at least if you don't do it, somebody will do it for you. :duntmatter:

I just want to get all the cash offered to me by that nice Nigerian bloke before they change the payment system. I've sent him my bank details, so any day now.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

Aye, a CEO of a "major international bank" that uses a Hotmail or Gmail account. WTF:

30 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You know it’s easier to track what you spend with your card, right?

Track is the wrong word I used.

It’s more down to I know what I’ve spent when I’m out. Say I take out £100 I know what I have and haven’t spent and am prepared to spend. Pay on card and I might go well over that amount without realising. 

So to say maybe I feel more in control of what I’m spending when it’s cash.

I also don’t like checking my online banking because it’s jusy depressing.

Does that make sense

Guest timrud

They haven't accepted £50 notes for ages.

If you really are a 'cash' person then its easy enough to put cash onto a pre-paid card for times like this.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, a CEO of a "major international bank" that uses a Hotmail or Gmail account. WTF:

I personally know of an incident some 10 years or so ago (and I have to be vague here) where the owner of a property received conformation of his 'very sizeable mortgage being approved', he contacted the party making the loan to inform them that he owned the property and didn't need a mortgage, and was asked to 'go in with the letter'.

when he arrived he was whisked into the managers office where it transpired all the work had been done online, and no one had ever seen anyone face to face, but it had gone through.

he said all the lender was interested in was 'had he told anyone of this matter?' as it seemed from their actions it wasn't the first time and they just wanted it keeping under wraps.

I agree with the OP, but surely a better option would be to have the season ticket cards that could be loaded up with cash, and when used in the ground generates you points. 

I watched England away in the Ajax arena in the early 00’s and this system was in place then for fans. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I agree with the OP, but surely a better option would be to have the season ticket cards that could be loaded up with cash, and when used in the ground generates you points. 

I watched England away in the Ajax arena in the early 00’s and this system was in place then for fans. 

the big problem is the uk seems to go for the 'threepenny option' rather than the £5 one when selecting what type of system to go for, and even someone who finished bottom of the class in IT in moldova it can get past it.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Aye, maybe the club can issue a food card that allows to load three grand on it, get your name in the Michelin Guide and a free pie at every game when the club are in the Premier League.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Must admit it's easier to not carry cash.

It's more hygienic 

Money can contain loads of harmful germs 

I wash all of mine before use..

I've been money laundering for years..

Also means you’ve got less stuff to chuck at players on the pitch as well. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

I just want to get all the cash offered to me by that nice Nigerian bloke before they change the payment system. I've sent him my bank details, so any day now.

you'll have no need to send it to the 'nigerian', if whoever shut the nhs down last year, and many others who have been (quietly) successfully attacked can't stop it, if you work for a big outfit how long before the banking system of that company is breached?

I'll never forget taking one of our lambs down to the ground in order to use the barter system to swap it for two bovrils and a marathon and being told they'd moved to a paper based system of representing the value of money.

Worlds gone mad.

• Haha 1