The Refusal by Sheffield Wednesday to accept Legal Tender.

Give it a few years and cash will be a thing of the past.

That new Cutlery Works eatery down Kelham Island is also cashless, its coming, won't be long now.

Edited by Mus

Pros and cons for both.

In theory card payments should be much quicker. Prevent human error with change etc. Also can stop employees pocketing a little on the side if they were that way inclined.

Downside is some people now won’t buy anything. It’s seemingly going slower. I’m relatively young and I prefer cash, I like to easily track what I’m spending and don’t like paying for small things on my card.

It’s a shame some of the kiosks are run so poorly. I was a supervisor on one for a season or two from 15-17. Couldn’t have been easier. Get there on time/early. Turn everything on. Stock up drinks first so they are actually cold. Cook the more popular things first and keep them hot, label everything up and certain things in same place, makes serving quicker. Track what you actually sell so you have enough stock for following games. Couldn’t have been an easier job. Never ran out, hardly any waste and surprisingly hardly any complaints. It’s easy and all about common sense. Somebody mentioned about 1 bottle opener, I get next match it’s still just 1 between 4.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Proves the point that people will complain about anything. Clubs just keeping up with the times, everywhere is gradually going cashless. Presume you take this stance everywhere?

I most certainly do !

To me the choice of method of payment is very important. 

It's known as "Freedom of Choice"

A very important principle to many people !

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, np pontefract said:

I most certainly do !

To me the choice of method of payment is very important. 

It's known as "Freedom of Choice"

A very important principle to many people !

Don't think freedom of choice applies how you pay for stuff.  You could argue that SWFC has the freedom of choice how they sell their wares. 

37 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Everything is moving in that direction, the new Spurs stadium is also cashless. 

Society as a whole is moving towards a cashless society

Things move on. When did you last receive a cheque or write one for example?

I went to the Amsterdam Arena a few years back to watch Celtic in the CL against Ajax and if you wanted grub or a drink you had to purchase a pre paid swipe card from the boothes outside the ground. The lowest was £10, highest £50 and if you didn’t use it all there was no refund.

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Must admit it's easier to not carry cash.

It's more hygienic 

Money can contain loads of harmful germs 

I wash all of mine before use..

I've been money laundering for years..

A "Bold" statement to make. The "Tide" is certainly turning.

• Haha 4