The Refusal by Sheffield Wednesday to accept Legal Tender.

40 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Just to clarify - is the club only accepting contactless payments? Or can you still put your card into a reader at the till?

Just looked at my cards, and none of them have the contactless symbol. Contactless isn’t that much of a thing over here.

Not that I’m expecting to make a game anytime soon, but it’s nice to know.

If you let me know your card number, I'll check if it's contactless. I'll also need your address, security code, mother's maiden name and the name of your neighbour's first pet hamster and that should sort it.:biggrin:

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

"Hey Teacher, Leave them kids alone"

"The kids are alright "

:Sid:

"The Kids in America" (woah oh) Aren't though..

They don't do contactless ...

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

If you let me know your card number, I'll check if it's contactless. I'll also need your address, security code, mother's maiden name and the name of your neighbour's first pet hamster and that should sort it.:biggrin:

:Sid::Sid:

• Haha 1

On 07/04/2019 at 09:31, np pontefract said:

I have been supporting Sheffield Wednesday since I was a small boy in the late sixties.

In that time, I must have spent Thousands of pounds on Food and Drink inside the ground.

To me, a drink of Tea, Coffee or possibly Bovril and a pie, and an occasional Pint is part of what is often called the "Match day Experience".

That spending, inside the Ground, has now, sadly, come to an end.

It would appear that every kiosk in the North Stand has gone "Cashless".

The club are now Refusing to Accept Cash payments.(LEGAL TENDER)

I will not be "told how to pay" by the club. 

I will, of course, continue to purchase food and drink on match days, all of it OUTSIDE THE GROUND......

Its 2019, who the heck uses cash for anything except counter-fitters and tax dodgers?

There will be no such thing as cash at all in twenty years, may as well start to get used to it.

9 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

My Mum is exactly the same, gets the bus to Crystal Peaks (or gets me to take her) since they shut the bank where we live.

Absolutely no chance I'll be taking mine if she comes with that attitude, she'll be forced to get with the times.

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

The issue isn’t paying with contactless . with the exception of going to the pub (yes most take card but I prefer cash when I’m out as I know when I’ve spent too much !) or my Turkish barber I don’t use cash either . The issue at hillsborough is the half witted children employed to run the food outlets . Other clubs have pre poured drinks and are far quicker at serving . 

God knows why people would waste waste money there when there are several decent pubs near by and several decent chippies or sand which shops selling no better stuff at half the price .

When you're on the session you can't go 2 hours without a beer, I'll probably buy 2 pints in the ground to see me through to the other side.

8 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Absolutely no chance I'll be taking mine if she comes with that attitude, she'll be forced to get with the times.

There's more to modernity than technology you know?

Like being forward thinking in the way you relate to people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Its 2019, who the heck uses cash for anything except counter-fitters and tax dodgers?

There will be no such thing as cash at all in twenty years, may as well start to get used to it.

Hey steady on B.A !!!

Gonna give us all a bad reputation with that tirade !!. ...

Just installed this for a client 

And "Bank Transfer" was the preferred transaction.

From his offshore Bolivian Account .....

coastal-counter-fitters-ltd-4.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

Went to the kiosk other day which is a rarity but I was thirsty as a fish. Asked for a bottle of water to which the young lad replied , we only sell water in box’s !!! 

Only at Hillsborough! 

Was that we only sell water in the hospitality boxes ?

or

aqueduct-bib-bag-in-box-harrogate-water-10-litre.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Littleowl74 said:

Went to the kiosk other day which is a rarity but I was thirsty as a fish. Asked for a bottle of water to which the young lad replied , we only sell water in box’s !!! 

Only at Hillsborough! 

I’m disappointed that you didn’t say ‘go on then, I’ll take a box’ 

I need to know if

a) they meant a full box as below

b) whether they could still charge you per bottle and whether the person could work out how much the full box would cost (imagine the queue, you’d miss the half)

4F9B7F6F-A7D7-477B-9316-DEFDAF030CC8.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I’m disappointed that you didn’t say ‘go on then, I’ll take a box’ 

I need to know if

a) they meant a full box as below

b) whether they could still charge you per bottle and whether the person could work out how much the full box would cost (imagine the queue, you’d miss the half)

4F9B7F6F-A7D7-477B-9316-DEFDAF030CC8.jpeg

I feel inadequate that I can’t shed anymore light on the matter. The pressure of having 16 folk behind me waiting meant I buckled and just ordered tea. Sorry.