One of worst of penalty misses

12 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Absolute shocking penalty effort from Fletcher. Embarassing I'm afraid and third goal defending  was extremely embarrassing.

Take it you didn't witness Colin West sky that penalty up Herries rd against Luton back in the eighties ? 

In fairness I reckon if you asked Fletch himself, he would accept it was a poor pen.  Pressure plays tricks on a players mind and I’d be amazed if he hit the ball where he planned.

Real shame for Fletch on a personal level as he’s been a real warrior in recent weeks.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Was a poor penalty and things could have been so different if he had scored. However if it wasn’t for Fletchers goals in other games we wouldn’t have been challenging for a play off spot in the first place. 

I counter that had Fletcher scored 2 or 3 of the absolute sitters he has missed e.g

Hull at home we'd be at least 6 points better off. According to Who scored his ratio is 1 in 9 chances which is pathetic 

13 hours ago, agentwalker said:

I always say for pens now just put your foot through it and hit it down the middle high. 95% of the time the keeper will dive. Unless your a quality taker or the safest option.

Exactly this . It's purely down to not wanting to look an idiot . A player goes for the corners as if he puts it down the middle and the keeper just catches it he looks foolish and vice versa . If a keeper stands up and it goes to either side he also makes himself look foolish . If you smack it hard and straight at the keeper chances are he won't hold it and it will come back into the penalty area . Problem becomes if you become a side that mainly smacks it down the middle then your advantage goes . Still it won't change anything and we don't lose many since Jo's left let alone concede three . Bad pen but we move on .

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Take it you didn't witness Colin West sky that penalty up Herries rd against Luton back in the eighties ? 

Nah. @Sheff44 was watching the porkers in the 4th division. It's on their honours board you know. 

• Haha 2