One of worst of penalty misses

4 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Keeper dives the other way and we’re all waxing lyrical about fletcher. Fine margins.

yep …..if the keeper guessed the right way every time they'd save more than they let in ……..easy to say that a pro footballer should hit the side of the netting and score everytime but very few do that . 

Fletcher bottles the big moments which means we need to do better. A 1 in 10 conversion ratio is not going to get you promoted so as much as I like his all riund play and never say die attitude he has cost us a lot of points. 

Ramos has scored 5 panenkas in a row. As someone said earlier if you're going to go down the middle it has to go high. 

Just an awful penalty. 

6 hours ago, Sheff44 said:

Absolute shocking penalty effort from Fletcher. Embarassing I'm afraid and third goal defending  was extremely embarrassing.

It was much nearer to going in than Simonson's penalty in play off final. :tongue:

Guest mkowl

It was a crap penalty, the run up was a bit short and hesitant, so had that fear he would miss just in those seconds before.

With the 3rd goal Palmer does look up to see if there is a pass on as we of course needed to get up the other end at that stage. Just enough distraction to then make a mess of it. If it was all square or better I think he would have kicked it straight out. Fine margins 

Always love when people say ‘it was a crap penalty’ you just know those same people would be saying ‘it was a great penalty’ if the keeper moved the other way.

Happens every time. Even the pundits do it. I remember Yakubu (I think) rolling a penalty slowly into the goal and getting plaudits, and just a couple of weeks later being slammed for being lazy for missing in that way

21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Always love when people say ‘it was a crap penalty’ you just know those same people would be saying ‘it was a great penalty’ if the keeper moved the other way.

Happens every time. Even the pundits do it. I remember Yakubu (I think) rolling a penalty slowly into the goal and getting plaudits, and just a couple of weeks later being slammed for being lazy for missing in that way

It was a crap penalty?

If he took a quality penalty and it took a quality save, then we could accept that 

But to miss that and fluff that one at the end of the first half in our biggest match, inexcusable

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Fletcher bottles the big moments which means we need to do better. A 1 in 10 conversion ratio is not going to get you promoted so as much as I like his all riund play and never say die attitude he has cost us a lot of points. 

Pretty sure this is not true. Where do you get your figures from?

BBC stats show he has scored 10 from 69 efforts.

For balance, Forestieri has scored 4 from 31, one of which being a pen.

(Hooper - 1 from 1 chance !!!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brando17 said:

must admit Palmer made a real hash of defending that 3rd goal,schoolboy stuff

Not pointing blaming anybody for yesterday because we played well but i think westwood should of done better with the 2nd