Bruce only been here 3 months and the seeds of swfc are starting to grow.

I didn't expect playoffs when he came in and probably wont make them ,got a good  feeling about Bruce being with us and I'm sure he will deliver what we want .

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 3

I think we can finish strongly - don’t see anyone beating us apart from Norwich, and even they might have cigars out by the time we play them 

If we can get Aaron’s and Lazaar in Tuesday and for rest of the term - we should get 15pts min

• Haha 1

Time and patience required. I hope he gets both.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Undoubtedly our time will come. Just hope I'm still around to see it!

• Agree 5
  • Haha 1

I’m just worried about what the squad will look like next season. 

Just hope we can afford the quality we need to give us the chance to compete at the top end of the league 

• Agree 2

Just now, SiJ said:

He will get it from the chairman (Chansiri was reluctant to sack Jos ffs). 

The question is whether the more overly excitable parts of our fanbase are willing to give him time too. 

You are absolutely right on this. Chansiri seems to be very loyal to his managers which is admirable.  Obviously his loyalty extended too far with both CC and Jos. Let's hope the fanbase is patient enough to allow SB to guide us through FFP and then spend a bit when allowed. This guy knows how to build a side.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The question is whether the more overly excitable parts of our fanbase are willing to give him time too. 

I've slated some managers as you know ,but something feels different with Bruce and do believe he is the man to take us forward.

2 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Just hope we can afford the quality we need to give us the chance to compete at the top end of the league 

Hector would be a huge signing but I expect other teams with stronger finances will be in the driving seat. The concern with FFP is that we could start the season weaker than we are at present. Could we afford Hector, Aarons, Lazaar for example. 

Given time this bloke will get us up. The only thing that could prove an obstacle is overly punitive punishments and restrictions imposed by the EFL that could stymie Bruce 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

Hector would be a huge signing but I expect other teams with stronger finances will be in the driving seat. The concern with FFP is that we could start the season weaker than we are at present. Could we afford Hector, Aarons, Lazaar for example. 

Yes  ;-)

Bruce is as good a manager at this level will all depend on what resources he is given.

Not sure what to expect next season. If its free sigings and loans then we may struggle a little to make step up to top 6.

I definitely think we’ll be more competitive for longer parts of the season with Bruce, and consistency is a big thing in this league. 

I’m still worried about our squad mentality though when it comes to the bigger fixtures like yesterday. We had a few advantages and still lost. 

4 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I definitely think we’ll be more competitive for longer parts of the season with Bruce, and consistency is a big thing in this league. 

I’m still worried about our squad mentality though when it comes to the bigger fixtures like yesterday. We had a few advantages and still lost. 

I keen seeing this mentality thing...why? 

Villa never looked like scoring - couldn’t break down the defence apart from that daft slack error for their first goal 

We dominated them and carved them open and had 3/4 golden opportunities to put them to bed and didnt

Its not a mentality thing - it’s not finishing our chances. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

I didn't expect playoffs when he came in and probably wont make them ,got a good  feeling about Bruce being with us and I'm sure he will deliver what we want .

It feels like we’re in safe hands doesn’t it? Despite having huge credit within the game, he still seems quite humble which I personally feel is an invaluable quality.  I can see DC and our fans giving him the patience he needs.  Fingers crossed, it should be an interesting ride.

16 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Villa never looked like scoring - couldn’t break down the defence apart from that daft slack error for their first goal 

We dominated them and carved them open and had 3/4 golden opportunities to put them to bed and didnt

Its not a mentality thing - it’s not finishing our chances.

It’s both. 

Your first two points say mentality to me. 

Finishing is definitely an issue too.

Wednesday are a team that seem to get us (the crowd) off their feet by almost scoring, winning a penalty and having a few well worked efforts and honest displays - we seem happy with that. 

We need to be that team that manage a game to win it at all costs. 

The same thing that that happened yesterday happened last season vs Villa. We were 90% there for the win, and threw it away. That’s why we won’t go up. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

Middlewood hospital should be reopened with the amount of bipolar on here..lose three on the trot and its vitriol as normal

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

i expect a strong, more athletic, quicker side, hopefully with enough quality, 

9 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I think we can finish strongly - don’t see anyone beating us apart from Norwich, and even they might have cigars out by the time we play them 

If we can get Aaron’s and Lazaar in Tuesday and for rest of the term - we should get 15pts min

Bannan will be the big miss Tuesday

9 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Why would anybody want to neg this post. 

Best manager in a generation .

If he stays we will ultimately get promotion with a fit and proper team of his building .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1