Jump to content

Recommended Posts

New contract now.

 

So so effective in that position - rarely lost the ball at all, and superb at his link up play

 

Itll cost us a fortune to get a player anywhere like that, give him an extension ASAP

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

His fitness is the biggest worry no one doubts his quality, keeping Fletcher and Hooper fit for an entire season under Bruce = promotion

 

100% this. Just imagine a whole season with those 2 as our first choice strikers. Would love to see this happen but the recent injuries to Hooper are a massive concern about offering him a new contract. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan had an excellent game today and I think that was in part due to having Hooper to play balls into.

 

A new contract? I'd be gutted to see him leave, but it's just a question of whether we can really afford to offer him a new one, and then whether he'd accept less money.

 

I think even with his fitness record over the past few years, there'd definitely be teams that would be interested at this level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We can’t afford to keep him on.

 

Hopefully this will sink in soon to some fans.

He is too good not to keep.

 

And you do not know that what you have written is fact.

 

So please wind yer neck in and wait and see.

Edited by Beholder
Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a very good player, but doesn’t fit the criteria of what we need. Injury prone, no sell on value and wrong age. 

 

We need a complete overhaul of our recruitment policy. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beholder said:

He is too good not to keep.

 

And you do not know what you have written is fact.

 

So please wind yet neck in and wait and see.

 

If we do it would be a ridiculous decision. The core of the team needs major surgery and we need to start again. Keeping players like Hooper, no matter how good he is just epitomises why we won’t move forward under the ownership of Chansiri. Too much sentiment. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vulva said:

He’s a very good player, but doesn’t fit the criteria of what we need. Injury prone, no sell on value and wrong age. 

 

We need a complete overhaul of our recruitment policy. 

 

Spot on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

If we do it would be a ridiculous decision. The core of the team needs major surgery and we need to start again. Keeping players like Hooper, no matter how good he is just epitomises why we won’t move forward under the ownership of Chansiri. Too much sentiment. 

Sentiment doesn't come into it .

 

He's brilliant.

 

If we don't take him , a competitor does.

 

Anyway , whatever you carry on posting your 'realist' nonsense I'm sure you will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OwlOnWheels said:

I’d be staggered if we don’t offer him a deal, should he remain fit until the end of the season. Whether he’d sign on what is likely to be reduced terms, who knows.

Depends on what he costs;  he specialises in missing the middle of the season and then scoring in the Spring

Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't  go into next season with 2 aging injury prone strikers as our main strikers (Fletcher and Hooper). We would be lucky to get a dozen games when they are both fit at the same time.

 

Thanks for the memories Gary but it is time for both club and player to move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, victorturner said:

Depends on what he costs;  he specialises in missing the middle of the season and then scoring in the Spring

 

Exactly, and I’d expect us to factor this in to any offer we make.  It’s then up to him to decide if our terms are acceptable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beholder said:

Sentiment doesn't come into it .

 

He's brilliant.

 

If we don't take him , a competitor does.

 

Anyway , whatever you carry on posting your 'realist' nonsense I'm sure you will.

 

He’s 32. Has a suspect injury record. We already have 10 billion strikers. He is at the top end of the wage bill. 

 

FFP is a real issue. It’s not magically disappearing. We resign Hooper, that is another year or two of significant wages which could be spent on bringing in a player like Hector or someone else where it’s really needed. 

 

Do you think Norwich fans are still gutted they lost Maddison? Do you think Leeds are crying over Chris Wood? Do you think United are still upset over Brooks?

 

In any business to improve and move forward you have to make tough decisions for the long term vision. We keep hold of Hooper, it just shows me we haven’t learnt our lesson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

He’s 32. Has a suspect injury record. We already have 10 billion strikers. He is at the top end of the wage bill. 

 

FFP is a real issue. It’s not magically disappearing. We resign Hooper, that is another year or two of significant wages which could be spent on bringing in a player like Hector or someone else where it’s really needed. 

 

Do you think Norwich fans are still gutted they lost Maddison? Do you think Leeds are crying over Chris Wood? Do you think United are still upset over Brooks?

 

In any business to improve and move forward you have to make tough decisions for the long term vision. We keep hold of Hooper, it just shows me we haven’t learnt our lesson. 

We have a lot of strikers.

 

I'd let go of Winnal , Fletcher , Forestieri, Nuhiu and Matias .

 

Not Hooper though. Hooper stays and you build around him. He is too good to do otherwise.

 

I also reckon Bruce sees things the same way but we shall wait and see.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ash76

We keep Hooper and it says nothing of the sort. It reaffirms that Steve Bruce is a big admirer, it’ll be players like Winnall he tries to move on 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...