• Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Boyd
    • Fox
    • Matias
    • Forestieri

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Made me look like a right idiot, I was saying well played as he got to the ball first and got into position to clear it.......then didn't!

He’ll be alright when he reads some of the scores on here though.....4 shots on target, 3 ended up in the back of the net and folk are giving him 7 and 8

Edited by Ian

Gave it hector thought he was again superb, bannan was very good as was hutchinson and lees , fletcher battled well but didn’t bring his shooting boots and Hooper reminded us of his quality despite clearly not being fully fit. Thought we played fantastic can’t believe we lost but that’s football, the game may be up for this season but I am optimistic about next season 

1 hour ago, squonk said:

Bannan by a country mile 

In the Jack Grealish show Bazza obviously didn't read his script he was sensational at times

I personally thought Hutchinson was MoM but I agree that Bannan was streets ahead of Grealish. Bannan a very close second to Hutchinson with Hector, Lees and Palmer close. 

56 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We’ve got a right mixture on here tonight. Personally thought Hector was man of the match. Complete maestro of a performance and didn’t deserve to be on a side that conceded 3 goals. Hooper is a class act. He’s clearly not match fit but he’s such a good footballer. Bannan played very well second half but it’s important to mention that Grealish ran the first half. 

No he didn't

• Thanks 1

Just now, squonk said:

He's a c0ck definitely and a very good player but our Bazza was the best player out there today 

McGinn IMO was their best player comfortably 

Yeah, that is one of the McGinn bros from St Mirren formerly who I recommended to Irvine along with Mehmet. I was told both were unaffordable and Mehmet had a pre contract signed in Turkey. The McGinns  are grandsons of former Celtic CEO. 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Bannan v Grealish was a mismatch. Bannan was superb - 9.5

Hutch, Hector - 9

Palmer, Fletcher, Lees, Reach, Boyd - 8.5

Westwood, Hooper - 8

Fox - 6

One of our best performances of the season. Everything fell into place. How good a pairing is Hooper & Fletcher? Bannan was ringmaster. Hutch a colossus. Hector Rolls Royce. Palmer a revelation this season. 

Deserved the win. A draw would have been invaluable. 

it was win or bust, we had too much to do after jos, what a wasted opportunity.

3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Hutch shaded it over Bannan for me. Kept Grealish quiet for 92 minutes. Then inexplicably Reach marked him for the last 3 minutes and Grealish bossed the powderpuff. Tactical error in my view. We should have seen that out. They looked very ordinary with him out of the game.

Loved how Hutch was able to wind up Grealish like a clock and how the latter stood there stamping his feet every time Hutch tackled him.

A masterpiece in watering down the opposition.

I went got Bannan but it could have gone too most of the team, unfortunately there is also quite a few weak links in the squad. We need to replace these to move forward, I think Steve Bruce will sort this in the summer.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 6 could he have pushed the second out for a corner?

Iorfa 6

Lees 7

Hector 8

Palmer 5 caught out for first and awful on third

Hutchinson 7

Bannan 9 huge loss

Boyd 7 best game for us

Reach 6

Hooper 7

Fletcher 6

Fox 4 he was woeful. Need Lazaar back

Matias 5 Why not FF? Poor decision 

FF 5 on too late to do ow

Played really well but school boy defending for the second and third goals. Simply put we are rubbish without Bannan and it showed. Anyone who slags Fletcher off for the penalty miss is a moron. Poor penalty which has ultimately cost us the three points but without his goals, we would have been nowhere near the play offs anyone. 

Proud of the players but a step too far unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Westwood 6 could he have pushed the second out for a corner?

Iorfa 6

Lees 7

Hector 8

Palmer 5 caught out for first and awful on third

Hutchinson 7

Bannan 9 huge loss

Boyd 7 best game for us

Reach 6

Hooper 7

Fletcher 6

Fox 4 he was woeful. Need Lazaar back

Matias 5 Why not FF? Poor decision 

FF 5 on too late to do ow

Played really well but school boy defending for the second and third goals. Simply put we are rubbish without Bannan and it showed. Anyone who slags Fletcher off for the penalty miss is a moron. Poor penalty which has ultimately cost us the three points but without his goals, we would have been nowhere near the play offs anyone. 

Proud of the players but a step too far unfortunately.

Unfortunately if we want to get out of this league we need better than Fletcher. Am not for one min knocking his workrate, all round play but he is so wasteful in front of goal. 

He's scored a few this season but his conversion rate is 1 in 10 and he just seems to bottle the most important moments where he is shooting or heading. 

If he scored 1 in 4 we'd have at least 10 more points on the board where he has missed sitters and I count today. 

Moron or not the stats don't lie.... 

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Bannan v Grealish was a mismatch. Bannan was superb - 9.5

Hutch, Hector - 9

Palmer, Fletcher, Lees, Reach, Boyd - 8.5

Westwood, Hooper - 8

Fox - 6

One of our best performances of the season. Everything fell into place. How good a pairing is Hooper & Fletcher? Bannan was ringmaster. Hutch a colossus. Hector Rolls Royce. Palmer a revelation this season. 

Deserved the win. A draw would have been invaluable. 

So Fletch misses a penalty and Palmer gifts them a goal and the both get 8.5. Christ, can you do my next performance review?