Let's Look Forward To Next Season

The play off were always going to be a tall order this season and after the result today I think we can put it to bed now.

I firmly believe there is plenty to look forward to over the next few months and come August and the start of the new season we will see a new and dynamic Sheffield Wednesday.

Let the rebuild commence.

• Like 1

I’m enjoying this season now tbh, I like how Bruce has got us playing.

I have zero expectation of us every making the playoffs so it’s been really refreshing to be able to just sit back and enjoy the games. 

I was surprised how much I felt we missed Iorfa. I wouldn’t say I’ve been super impressed - he’s done well, but nothing special - but the difference between him and Palmer is actually quite remarkable. 

Left back is a major issue. Centre half will be once Hector goes and we still can’t really play without Bannan being involved.

Matias should stick to pastries.

Big Summer ahead. 

I am looking forward to Bruce having the summer to mold his squad. We have operated as a club with a small mentality for over 20 years. That will change under Bruce I am sure. There are so many fans that have only experienced this over the years. I hope we can return to the mentality we had under Big Ron. 

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m enjoying this season now tbh, I like how Bruce has got us playing.

I have zero expectation of us every making the playoffs so it’s been really refreshing to be able to just sit back and enjoy the games. 

I was surprised how much I felt we missed Iorfa. I wouldn’t say I’ve been super impressed - he’s done well, but nothing special - but the difference between him and Palmer is actually quite remarkable. 

Left back is a major issue. Centre half will be once Hector goes and we still can’t really play without Bannan being involved.

Matias should stick to pastries.

Big Summer ahead. 

Reasonable comments, but Im not sure I understand the bit about Palmer. Are you saying that Iorfa is much better than Palmer?  

If so, I can’t agree with that. I’m glad to have both, but on current form, it’s the local lad who shades it

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Reasonable comments, but Im not sure I understand the bit about Palmer. Are you saying that Iorfa is much better than Palmer?  

If so, I can’t agree with that. I’m glad to have both, but on current form, it’s the local lad who shades it

Its not even so much about who is the better player, I just think that Iorfa has a much greater impact on the team.

Hopefully Chansiri has learnt his lesson and we will be far better from now on.

Loans will be the key next season. Bruce can hopefully get some more in of the quality of a Tammy Abraham.

If we can start the season with Hooper and Lee having proven their fitness too that'd be a huge bonus.

I don’t get it - it wasn’t a long shot at all 

We were 3 points outside with 7 to go - how’s that a long shot?

Our missed chances cost us today and the season - we beat Villa and the whole league would start to think we’re in with a sniff here

Blew it completely

since Bruce came in we've grown closer together as fan base (bar the odd b3ll3nd,poster above ) ,the believes back and players look like they want to play for the club again

plenty to look forward to next season

but the hard work starts now

We have achieved so much more this season than I thought we would. If we had still had Jos in charge I fear we would have been in or around the bottom 3 now. Instead we have been challenging for a top 6 place. Can’t wait for next season. Get rid of quite a few out of contact players, hopefully bring a couple of new players in and after a full pre season under Bruce really go for it from the very first game.