Our ancestors who first took us to Hillsborough

Early April is a strange time for me as it sees my father's and maternal grandfather's birthdays. Both dead of course.

They started me off on the path. The Path.

Both my grandfathers we fanatical so I must assume that at least one of their fathers started the tradition.

We all call SU pigs. In our house they were the Spite team. Only formed to spite us. 1880s

One grandfather was a tram driver and the family story (clearly not true!) I assume, was that on passing Bramall Lane he would stop the tram, get off, spit on the gate, get back on the tram and drive off. Clearly I do not condone such actions.

So tomorrow 4th and 5th generation will be taking our places in the N stand.

• Like 5

1956 my first visit late in the year Dad took me don't remember much as I was around 4 and a half , sadly my only visit with him as he was killed in a mining accident a little later , my uncle then took on the Saturday visits , and in memory of my dad I stayed hooked to this day , 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

1956 my first visit late in the year Dad took me don't remember much as I was around 4 and a half , sadly my only visit with him as he was killed in a mining accident a little later , my uncle then took on the Saturday visits , and in memory of my dad I stayed hooked to this day , 

Well that brought a tear to my eye, trev. 

At least I had the pleasure of standing on the Lepp with my own dad for a couple of years before his health failed him.

• Like 1

My dad passed away last September.  Took me when I was 5, loved it and been an Owl ever since.  He gave me his scarf when he got too old to go and  I take it with me so a bit of him is there.  Still miss you dad.

Edited by Mus
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mus said:

My dad passed away last September.  Took me when I was 5, loved it and been an Owl ever since.  He gave me his scarf when he got too old to go and  I take it with me so a bit of him is there.  Still miss you dad.

I know how you must feel mate. My dad passed away 3 weeks ago  and I’ll be wearing his little blue enamel supporters club badge that he got in the 1940’s. Miss him like mad too.

UP THE OWLS!!!

• Like 4

Just now, Wednesday Fan said:

I know how you must feel mate. My dad passed away 3 weeks ago  and I’ll be wearing his little blue enamel supporters club badge that he got in the 1940’s. Miss him like mad too.

UP THE OWLS!!!

Sending you my thoughts, you don't realise what they meant to you till they've gone.

• Like 2