Owlstalk - Last Man Standing

Dear Mr @Whitechapel Owl,

Re: fairness in online forums

Having chosen Sheffield United as my entry into round two of your 'Owlstalk - Last Man Standing' game, I was disappointed to learn that I have been eliminated.

The result of the Birmingham City vs. Sheffield United game may have been a draw, but as usual Sheffield United claimed a moral victory, regardless of reality. I refer you to the post-match comments of their manager, Chris Wilder: "We are a bit disappointed as in the second half we made all the running. They are a really difficult team to play against - they sit in, they give up possession, you have to move them around and we did. I was always felt it was us dictating and looking for that winner, without finding that last little pass or last little bit of quality."

I am requesting that I be reinstated into the game on the grounds that Sheffield United are clearly the best team in the country, and as such are incapable of anything other than victory, even when they lose.

To avoid taking court action, I am willing to use Owlstalk Dispute Resolution to resolve this problem.

I look forward to your acknowledgement.

Yours faithfully,

areNOTwhatTHEYseem

• Haha 2

I forgot about this and won through round 1. Forgot there were midweek games and didn’t predict owt midweek. Am I still in or out? If still in, I’m going West Brom

If I’m out I’m going Millwall

Edited by theowlsman

16 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I forgot about this and won through round 1. Forgot there were midweek games and didn’t predict owt midweek. Am I still in or out? If still in, I’m going West Brom

If I’m out I’m going Millwall

Simon Cowel.jpg

The Pigs, Swansea and Birmingham slip up, leaving 6 casualties - including several time Football Survivor Champion and pre-season favourite @OxonOwl

11 remain - feel free to PM me your selections for round 4 if preferred, and I'll add them to the spreadsheet after the deadline passes. In this thread is also fine.

The next round of games are on Friday, including a 12:00 kickoff so the deadline is 11:30 AM on Friday 19th April

Spreadsheet here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HZyTF1V83K3gzhOxP2rxb2w3d5u2Ygcq4iFaOcmixTM/edit#gid=0

Next round of fixtures here - https://www.livescore.com/soccer/england/championship/#/round-43

We're at the business end of the competition now so choose wisely!

Good luck

• Like 1