Villa fans...

Said it when they went down and seen nowt to change my mind since.

Villa will be like us. Out of the premier league for 20 years. It's sad in a way cos of how big they are (arguably top 5 in England) but they will struggle for years.

Unless they manage to scrape promotion this season but WBA will win playoffs.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Said it when they went down and seen nowt to change my mind since.

Villa will be like us. Out of the premier league for 20 years. It's sad in a way cos of how big they are (arguably top 5 in England) but they will struggle for years.

Unless they manage to scrape promotion this season but WBA will win playoffs.

You backing that prediction?

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Seem confident and I had no idea Steve Bruce decide what the away allocations were at Hillsborough. :ghoulguy:

A few views from the Villa forum. They are in red hot form right now but I think they underestimate us at their peril, this'll not be the walk in the park some of their fans predict, the Steve Bruce side they describe as sitting back and setting up not to get beat certainly isn't one that I have recognised since he's been at Hillsborough. For the first time in a while I'm actually enjoying my football again.

Bring on tomorrow...

Ordinarily you would think that a former manager would have a bit of an advantage over his former team as he knows the players, knows their strengths and weaknesses....... BUT

We are such a different proposition in both personnel and playing style since Bruce's time here that none of that counts. Yes I'm sure he would love to win (as he still cannot accept he did anything wrong), but I don't think he has the tools to do so.  It will be a tough game as he will set up his usual anti-football, which we will have to break down. The thing is, when we could not break down teams earlier in the season we were playing a totally different style. If a team tries to sit back against us now, we will batter them.

Can you imagine the smugness if we did not win? The Bruce family/fan club/media will say what a terrible decision it was to get rid and how he has shown us that Smith is no better. Come on Deano... Six on the bounce please

IF there is a football god we should hammer them. If history has taught us anything though, it's that there isn't a football god and ugly anti football quite often brings home all 3 points. I'd expect us to have nearly all of the ball and make them look like the away side at their place, if we don't score early though it'll get increasingly frustrating and we'll have to keep our wits about us not to concede on the counter. If we DO score early though we just might give them a pasting. 

When a teams manages 37% possession and 1 shot on goal away to Stoke. 

We should hopefully be way too good for them.

Interesting listening to WM phone in, apparently Steve Bruce tried to stop the extra allocation of away tickets for this game. It was Franks who said this not some random caller by the way.

He must be dreading it.

I'm calm about this one now.  I was worried, but not any more.  Firstly, if we're serious about going up then we need to be handling these types of game, and Steve Bruce couldn't handle Smith when he was here, so it'd be a surprise if he has learned how while he was lying on a beach.

Although nervous I can only see us winning this. Start on the front foot, have the game won by half time and then push for more.

Bruce will set up to not get beaten, and I think that will play into our hands. We will have all the possession and I would think the majority of the chances. The question is can we take those chances. The keeper Westwood has been in cracking form recently so finishing is going to have to be good to get past him. 

Also, SB will be well organised from set plays and will no doubt target the likes of Taylor and Hause. Expect long balls from the back landing on Taylor, SB will put someone who can head the ball at RM. 

I don't see anything other than another win. 

If Bruce sets them up to sit back as he usually does we should easily have enough to break them down over the course of 90 minutes.

Makes me laugh how confident that the Wednesday fans are now they have a 'proper manager' in Bruce.

Draws are no good apparently,  need to set up to win home or away...yep, very Bruce!

Bruce mentioned getting us to the playoff final was one of his biggest achievements due to our financial constraints. I wish somebody would show him what our wage bill was next time he says that. 

Really hope football prevails tomorrow.

Set a c**** 

8 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Way too overconfident 

Do they not know how this league works by now?

There’s rarely ever a thrashing, most games are fairly tight 

Depends how you define a 'thrashing'

Winning by 2 is a 'massacre' according to some.

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

I like Villa as a club but they have gone about the championship in the wrong way.  Came down all Billy big b***ocks and really need to go up this season or they will have a long time playing in divisions they feel are beneath them. 

Found myself gaining a disliking to villa during the early 90's, big Ron, Phil King, dalian Atkinson all going there. 

I've worked away there and it's no more than a sad jumped up little tin-pot suburb of Birmingham with a superiority complex ..... Hmmm reminds me of Rotherham lol

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Enjoyed them getting upset at Villa park when Fletch whacked that 2nd goal in. They'd just been jizzing themselves and celebrated like they'd won the league when they'd equalised 10 minutes earlier. Some unhappy mushes at full time. 

That, Sir, is a very good point.  Wednesday won away, with a much less effective  Squad, this time it's at home, and the Squad is more effective.  Like to see a 2-1 Wednesday win, Fletcher scores the 2nd via an overhead-kick, 10 minutes after they score the equalizer.  

Crazy talk, that Wednesday can win?  I dunno, Wednesday did win the away fixture, earlier, with a not-as-effective Squad, we'll find out in a few hours...2-1. Wednesday, Reach & Fletcher.

5 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

That, Sir, is a very good point.  Wednesday won away, with a much less effective  Squad, this time it's at home, and the Squad is more effective.  Like to see a 2-1 Wednesday win, Fletcher scores the 2nd via an overhead-kick, 10 minutes after they score the equalizer.  

Crazy talk, that Wednesday can win?  I dunno, Wednesday did win the away fixture, earlier, with a not-as-effective Squad, we'll find out in a few hours...2-1. Wednesday, Reach & Fletcher.

So you want us to score and them to equalise?

And then sweat out a 2-1 win?

What's up with wanting an easy 3-0 win and improving our goal difference??

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

So you want us to score and them to equalise?

And then sweat out a 2-1 win?

What's up with wanting an easy 3-0 win and improving our goal difference??

Think you're taking someone making a prediction a bit too seriously. 

Every fan of clubs like villa, Leeds and Wednesday should be confident about getting promoted back to the Premier League. 

But history has shown that no matter how big you are as a club it means nothing. 

Bruce is early on in his job at Hillsborough and is thankfully playing attacking football. But Dave Jones and Carlos did that at first before losing the plot and reverting to dire defensive ‘anti football’. Let’s hope going forward Bruce breaks this mould but from what Villa fans are saying he might not. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

Every fan of clubs like villa, Leeds and Wednesday should be confident about getting promoted back to the Premier League. 

But history has shown that no matter how big you are as a club it means nothing. 

Bruce is early on in his job at Hillsborough and is thankfully playing attacking football. But Dave Jones and Carlos did that at first before losing the plot and reverting to dire defensive ‘anti football’. Let’s hope going forward Bruce breaks this mould but from what Villa fans are saying he might not. Time will tell.

Whether we play attacking football or not, Bruce has shown an ability to pick up points at this level regularly over the years as we have already seen while he's been here. Wednesday 1-0 win today, Fletcher lol