Doom Howson spreading more negativity

He could have written a positive story on the revival of Wednesday under Bruce.  

Sadly negative news will always be the preferred approach when it comes to journalists, if you can call them that. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wilyfox said:

I don't see how this negativity is Howson's fault. If the minority turds would keep themselves in check, we need not hear about it again. 

Indisciplined  behaviour,  influenced by drink, at away matches is apparent within the fans. There is frightening pushing and swaying around among those who insist on standing. 

I think he sometimes tries to go out of his way to show he's not towing the club line. 

He's the polar opposite of the pathetic James Shields who is pretty much Minister of Propoganda for United. Biggs must also have hundreds of splinters in his arse with the amount of fence sitting he does. 

Problem with Dom (Doom) is he can often come across as overly negative. 

I don't get this "Vendetta against Wednesday" rubbish.

Howson's great on twitter, keeps you up to date with stuff. Same can be said of Radio Sheffield, great commentaries and cater for all south Yorkshire sides

The Sheffield star itself is a different matter, headlines from stories they've read on Facebook/twitter (not necessarily football related).

I go back and forth on this, he can't just write positive stuff and ignore what has happened, especially if someone at the club has talked to him about being worried about it. On the other hand i have seen no articles about how awesome we are doing lately (but i don't read it daily). I am going to sound old, but 24 hour news has a lot to answer for, now Dom has to write content daily when really there isn't enough going on for that. So he gets told to get clicks and attention to sell adverts etc and all he can do is write about stuff, 1 weekly wednesday blog is all we need really, 1 big bulky update on all things wednesday to be consumed and then digested and mulled over for a week until the next game. Constant generation of content is bad, nice to just accept not much going on and looking forward to the match saturday. But that doesn't save his foney balloni job, (i didn't get a harumph from that guy). I don't blame him it's the world we live in now. As for the article, i read it and immediately realised i had wasted my time and could have been doing so much more with my life.... like going on Owlstalk to go on about it.... oh dear a never ending cycle.:duntmatter:

I think Howson is awful, he’s lucky enough to be doing a job , most of us lot would love to do, but Jesus he comes across as so dour its unbelievable, he was the same on that podcast that him and a couple of others from the star used to do. Maybe he comes across like that because he’s not a wednesday fan ? I dunno,

And i don’t buy the ‘its come from SWFC’ line either, surely if SWFC wanted to tell a few idiot fans to start behaving better then i assume they would come out and say this, rather than leave it to him? 

Long unbeaten run, biggest week of the season is here, the feel good factor is back,we are getting our injured players back and yet Howson brings this rubbish up? Which amounts to probably 4 people who have acted like idiots, people throwing coins should be banned but why on earth bring this up now? 

Throwing whatever at players be it coins or swimming goggles isn’t on and deserves the relevant bollockings.

Fans on the pitch celebrating with players happens from time to time so does letting flares off, it’s called passionate support which guess what we have lots of! 

As for the journalist...bone idle comes to mind. We’re on a fantastic a run and if he’s worth his salt then he should be pumping up our tyres!

Edited by millomowl

8 minutes ago, millomowl said:

Fans on the pitch celebrating with players happens from time to time so does letting flares off, it’s called passionate support which guess what we have lots of! 

Christ exactly. Every year the sanitisation process is getting stronger and deeper rooted into supporter culture. No wonder most atmospheres in England are poo nowadays. Compare that to the European scene where you arent punished or treated as criminals for ultra supporting your club. Its a joke. Its part of football. Fed up of the fake outrage.