Doom Howson spreading more negativity

I do understand the irony that I may be accused of spreading negativity by sharing his article, but I’m fed up of his bullsh*t.

I’m not one for thinking people have an agenda, but why is he so negative about us persistently. Something like a dozen games undefeated under our new manager, an unlikely playoff push on the cards, yet he feels the need to put the club down.

You can’t argue the things he mentions are out of order, but they’ve been reported and covered before and there is a small minority of idiots at every club. United fans fighting Bristol fans at the weekend is ignored and thus garbage is dug up. Why concentrate on us before one of our biggest matches of the season and not other Yorkshire clubs.

My only assumption is he does it for attention and views.

Article copy and pasted below. Don’t want to hurt anyone’s eyes with that clickbait rubbish that is the Star website.

Dom Howson's Sheffield Wednesday column: There is a very small minority of fans letting the Owls down

Dom Howson

Published: 13:39 Thursday 04 April 2019

Regardless of the opposition or where the Owls are playing, Wednesdayites always make their presence felt.

Nearly 3,000 travelled to Stoke City last weekend to cheer on the blue and white wizards. Their sold-out away following made a right racket as the Owls secured what could prove to be a precious point in the race to secure a play-off berth.

And there will be a big crowd heading to S6 when Wednesday entertain promotion rivals Aston Villa on Saturday.

"The support is as good as anything you would see in the country," said former Owls manager Gary Megson.

Few observers would disagree with Megson's opinion. Their fan-base is extraordinary. 

But a very small minority of supporters have let the club down in recent months. 

Coins and a spiky pair of swimming goggles were thrown at Chelsea's stars after Brazilian international Willian converted a first half penalty in Wednesday's FA Cup defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Some Wednesdayites invaded the pitch, which is a criminal offence, after their last-gasp equaliser at Rotherham United and a flare was released in the away end.

There was more anti-social behaviour in the recent Sheffield derby at Hillsborough when a coin and a plastic bottle were pelted at United defender Jack O'Connell from the North Stand as he prepared to take a throw in during the first half. Thankfully, O'Connell was not hit by the missiles but he could have suffered a serious injury.

The incident was seen by referee Peter Bankes and included in his match report, prompting the Football Association to open an investigation into the matter.

Although the Owls avoided an FA charge, I know for a fact, having spoken to several club officials this week, that they are extremely concerned about the rise in fans misbehaviour. Should something else happen in the future, it could prove the final straw and the FA may take action.

Sanctions do vary but the governing body have the power to hand out significant fines, limit away travel and even close part of a football club's ground. 

In some way, shape or form, the FA can financially punish a club so it is no laughing matter.

Like a lot of clubs, Wednesday have a small pocket of trouble-making supporters. The vast majority are well-behaved and get behind the team in the right way.

But there are, unfortunately, some mindless, idiotic yobs who are threatening to tarnish the club's good name and land them in trouble with the FA. These 'fans' who continue to hurt Wednesday need to be weeded out as soon as possible.

Guest wilyfox

I don't see how this negativity is Howson's fault. If the minority turds would keep themselves in check, we need not hear about it again. 

got to agree ,I go to a lot of our away games in pubs etc ,our support is amazing and we don't have lunatics like the pigs who are rabid and always looking for trouble . most of our lot drink loads of beer and have a laugh unlike the scrubbers at the lane. this season and last season they have been involved in at least 6 large incidents regarding trouble, Norwich,middlesborough , Bristol city, us 3 times etc ,concentrate on them dom . 2 idiots with coins n flares compared to 99% of us what just go for the fun of it. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

got to agree ,I go to a lot of our away games in pubs etc ,our support is amazing and we don't have lunatics like the pigs who are rabid and always looking for trouble . most of our lot drink loads of beer and have a laugh unlike the scrubbers at the lane. this season and last season they have been involved in at least 6 large incidents regarding trouble, Norwich,middlesborough , Bristol city, us 3 times etc ,concentrate on them dom . 2 idiots with coins n flares compared to 99% of us what just go for the fun of it. 

We got the police accompanied bus back from the ground to Stoke city centre last week and a (rather attractive female) copper was saying how we’d been the best behaved fans at the Bet365 all season

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

We got the police accompanied bus back from the ground to Stoke city centre last week and a (rather attractive female) copper was saying how we’d been the best behaved fans at the Bet365 all season

And thats it. We never hear about the positive comments or praises from other clubs or officials. Whether its our club or the media they seem to just concentrate on the negative side of our fan base when we all know its a small minority who do this and there are a lot of clubs fans far worse.