New Stadium

I’d rather us redevelop Hillsborough and stay within our community. It’s more realistic. We could have an exceptional ground with the right investment.

The Tottenham ground is quick simply the best new ground I’ve ever seen. The Spurs fans should count themselves very lucky to have an owner to have a vision to carry out such a project. 

• Like 1

I’m in the yes camp! Sometimes a change is good.  We’ve moved twice before

Although we only need to move to improve our commercial options (and maintenance cost apparently) and I think being next to Hillsborough Park is a great location. 

Simpler solutions are:

Rebuild Lepping's lane end (which tbf should have been done over 20 years ago)

Sort out Pillars on the Kop

Extend rear roof of Kop to cover all facilities behind stand

Try and clear the housing behind the North Stand and build better entrance / shop facilities

General facility update for all four stands

Basically, the world cup plan from 2018...

• Like 1

Well, it must be at least two weeks since this was debated.

Hard to see the relevance of the Spurs stadium. Spurs are a completely different order of club to us.

However, the plain facts are that our ground is not very good. Poor facilities. The two end stands poor for viewing. Not well located as a revenue raiser. Really badly geared for generating commercial revenue. Nor, sadly, is it particularly atmospheric.

I'd personally be disadvantaged by a move because living in the Hope Valley I have a really pleasant uncongested drive and can park 15 minutes walk away. The most likely relocation sites are much less convenient - to the point that I might wonder about still going. But in the Great Scheme of Things I couldn't object.

5 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

Simpler solutions are:

Rebuild Lepping's lane end (which tbf should have been done over 20 years ago)

Sort out Pillars on the Kop

Extend rear roof of Kop to cover all facilities behind stand

Try and clear the housing behind the North Stand and build better entrance / shop facilities

General facility update for all four stands

Basically, the world cup plan from 2018...

This. The west stand is a disgrace, if they did that arch thingy over the kop to eliminate the pillars they should mirror it at t’other end. And work out how to be able to use the NW corner more by sorting out the away fans bit. Don’t think we are ever going to command 60,000 a match...not at them prices:sad:

5 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Will be very expensive and largely pointless to move stadiums when we can't currently fill our current one (plus would straddle the club with even more debt). The jury remains out on the Tottenham one, but others like West Ham, Arsenal's lack atmosphere and new stadiums also tend to lack the character and history of the old one. And the more we cut costs the more likely it will resemble a tinpot Reebok Stadium cut-out than something truly designed for fans.

If it is affordable we should look at renovating parts of the Leppings Lane end and those nearby sides of the North and South stands, to properly segregate the away fans, allow full capacity in the North and South stands and fix that bottleneck outside the ground. Particularly if we get promoted could see these issues leading to lots of 'Hillsborough' headlines. But probably not feasible at present, so better investing in players and coaching in the hope of getting Premier League which would open up more money for future renovations.

New grounds attract fans Derby been the prime example.  We would fill a 40,000-50,000 in the Prem and if we had a modicum of success then we would be as big as anyone outside of the top six.  

We, and the Blunts, missed a golden chance many years ago. I know alot won't like it but we should have built a new ground somewhere down the 'cliffe or just off The Parkway and shared it, as do the Milan teams. Big car park, near the M1, could have had major events there out of season.

4 minutes ago, doubleo said:

We, and the Blunts, missed a golden chance many years ago. I know alot won't like it but we should have built a new ground somewhere down the 'cliffe or just off The Parkway and shared it, as do the Milan teams. Big car park, near the M1, could have had major events there out of season.

I'd hate a big new stadium with a big carpark makes it looks so soulless, lots of pubs, parks, and fish n chips instead.  Park in the side streets you know it makes sense. 

• Like 3