Run in table update - 3rd April

Been away for a wee bit, but back now.

After a great week for Bristol City and a horrible week for Middlesboro, things for us look very much the same.

Still finishing 8th, but about 3 points off 6th which means it's very much a possibility.

Derby and Forrest can't win away, while Boro can't win at home. This seem like putting pay to their bids for the playoffs.

So, it looks like a fight with Villa, Bristol and Preston, and we're still to play all 3 of them!

Shaping up to be a properly exciting run in, especially with 2 of those 6 pointers being in our last 3 games.
If we make it, we'll certainly have earnt it.

runin04-03.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

We need to beat Villa well, their GD is an extra point, and with 3 of the bottom 4 to play.

If they catch one of Wigan/Millwall/Rotherham on a bad day, goals galore.

Goal difference could really be the decider I think and we have work to do.

Aye, 2 games coming up that need to be a 6 point haul. We dropped 2 points v Stoke, bloody offside decision that could have gone for us. It's now crunch time though. Let's just go for it, 100% positivity from everyone at the games and 100%effort from every player. Leave it all out there as they say. We might have a bit of luck here and there too which happens when teams are positive. 

Too much to do IMHO...........hope i am wrong but i think we will finish around 9th with around 70 pts

at a guess

1st. Norwich 94 pts

2nd. Leeds 91 pts

3rd WBA 89 pts

4th blunts 87 pts

5th Villa 77 pts

6th Derby 73 pts

fancy WBA to finish very strongly.

2 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Too much to do IMHO...........hope i am wrong but i think we will finish around 9th with around 70 pts

at a guess

1st. Norwich 94 pts

2nd. Leeds 91 pts

3rd WBA 89 pts

4th blunts 87 pts

5th Villa 77 pts

6th Derby 73 pts

West Brom and the Blunts are irrelevant to us tbh. They're both safely in the playoffs, worst case for them.
I should probably take WBA off the sheet, there's really only 2 spots in play with 7 teams clamouring for them.

I think it's doable, tho ofc the Villa game has now become massive. Draws will slowly kill our chances.
I guess the worry is that even if we do make it, we've had such a hard run in that fatigue might be an issue.
A depleted squad with 3 more tough games to play after the coming 6  fixtures.. that's a big ask for any side.

26 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

at a guess

1st. Norwich 94 pts

2nd. Leeds 91 pts

3rd WBA 89 pts

4th blunts 87 pts

5th Villa 77 pts

6th Derby 73 pts

Looking at West broms fixtures, they could still get 2nd.

18 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

We've gone on 7 game winnining streaks around this stage of the season before. They'll be under just as much pressure as us.

It's exciting either way and full of optimism for next season whatever may be

This is a really good point that shouldn't be overlooked. The run-in will be exciting (unless we completely tank our next couple of fixtures), yes the odds are fairly heavily stacked against us, but to even be in with a sniff after the bulk of this campaign is truly remarkable.

Bodes very well for next season, even with the looming potential for some fairly major playing staff outgoings. There's nobody terrifying coming down either, by the looks of it. Lots for us to feel positive about, whatever the next three weeks bring.

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

This is a really good point that shouldn't be overlooked. The run-in will be exciting (unless we completely tank our next couple of fixtures), yes the odds are fairly heavily stacked against us, but to even be in with a sniff after the bulk of this campaign is truly remarkable.

Bodes very well for next season, even with the looming potential for some fairly major playing staff outgoings. There's nobody terrifying coming down either, by the looks of it. Lots for us to feel positive about, whatever the next three weeks bring.

I dont think how we end this season will have any bearing on how we perform next season (assuming we dont go up) because....

1. We finished like a house on fire last year...and look what happened.

2. This team is unlikely to look anything like next years due to the out of contract and loan players currently involved.

We need to not lose again this season win the home games and get something out of the away games. 

I just keep looking at the 3 games against the bottom 5 that we drew as 6 points lost.

I think 70 points is going to be enough with everyone playing each other though.

4 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

at a guess

1st. Norwich 94 pts

2nd. Leeds 91 pts

3rd WBA 89 pts

4th blunts 87 pts

5th Villa 77 pts

6th Derby 73 pts

I think West Brom will get 2nd and whoever finishes 5th or 6th will get promoted as Leeds and United will be mentally and physically spent.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We need to not lose again this season win the home games and get something out of the away games. 

I just keep looking at the 3 games against the bottom 5 that we drew as 6 points lost.

I think 70 points is going to be enough with everyone playing each other though.

On the flip side some of our play-off rivals have lost to relegation threatened teams. The points we gained in these fixtures will be invaluable come the end of the season.