After Tonight’s Result, Win On Saturday

4 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Wouldn't a draw have been better for us?

Depends - anyone’s guess whether it’s better to have 5 of the 6 teams pull away leaving one spot to scrap for, or have everyone keep drawing and be left with a glut of sides still in with a squeak with two games left. Personally I kinda hope the top five keep beating everyone below them except us.

4 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

Wouldn't a draw have been better for us?

Six of one half a dozen of the other

Makes only 6th place now viable, but ensures we have a better chance of achieving it by scuppering one of the teams above us, whom we don't get to play.

4 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Six of one half a dozen of the other

Makes only 6th place now viable, but ensures we have a better chance of achieving it by scuppering one of the teams above us, whom we don't get to play.

Why? Bristol City are 5th but still have us, Villa, West Brom and Derby to play.

I think the next two need to be must wins 

we could probably get away with a draw but with the teams above us the best way to guarantee overtaking some of those is getting those points 

I’m sure Bruce will be going for two wins 

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think the next two need to be must wins 

we could probably get away with a draw but with the teams above us the best way to guarantee overtaking some of those is getting those points 

I’m sure Bruce will be going for two wins 

Have to win all 4 home games to have a chance.

Im not sure it changes that much if we are serious about a P-O push, i.e. we need to win nearly all our remaining games and hope the teams near the top that have to play each other conspire to leave a gap for us. I'll be over the moon if we win the next two but Im not holding my breathe given the fitness of some of our players.

If we were good enough to get to the play offs we would have beaten Stoke and/or had more than one shot on target in 90 minutes (That is a horrible stat in a must win game.)

We have gone from two points from the play offs to now four and potentially six with Derby and Bristol C having a game in hand, It’s acceptable we may miss out on the play offs but the chances created is hard to stomach and has been a problem all season, Nuihu scored one of the easiest goals you will ever see against Blackburn from simple play, we are just not doing the simple stuff often enough, everything seems laboured.

Aarons is a breath of fresh air let’s hope we can get him fit and playing for the remainder, he is just what we need at the moment.

Edited by OzOwl

As it stands we are 4 points (and 4 other teams) off the last playoff spot. But worst case scenario we could be up with it now being a 6 points behind chase to catch Derby say Derby win their game in hand for the last playoff spot. And then there's the goal difference. We need Bruce's barmy army to shine at their top for the rest of the season to make the playoffs, and that's not going to be easy with Lazaar, Aarons and Fletcher currently out.