When Lazaar is back

So, if he is fit next week, does he come back in?

I did think that with him and Aarons down the left we did look much much better.

Would that mean Palmer is RB rather than Iorfa? Don’t think there is a lot in it.

This line up looks bloody great to me....

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Lazaar

Reach

Bannan

Hutchinson

Aarons

Fletcher

Hooper

4 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

I did think that with him and Aarons down the left we did look much much better.

Would that mean Palmer is RB rather than Iorfa? Don’t think there is a lot in it.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Lazaar

Reach

Bannan

Hutchinson

Aarons

Fletcher

Hooper

Think Hooper will fair a lot better with fletch, much better partnership.

13 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Harsh on big bad Dom is that.

Not done anything wrong, overlaps & scores. I think I’d drop Palmer to sub so he can cover either full back.

Just the sort of problem bruce wants, competition for places with players on form.

21 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Not done anything wrong, overlaps & scores. I think I’d drop Palmer to sub so he can cover either full back.

Palmer can start and still cover at LB if required, with Iorfa covering RB. 

Could Reach's drop in form be (partly) down to moving Palmer from RB? They had become a good pairing. I don't think Reach/Iorfa are as effective. Putting Palmer back to RB might see an improvement in Reach too.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t rush Lazaar back.

It was obvious yesterday that we had too many players out there who weren’t match fit.

Palmer is match fit, we have now given Iorfa the time on the pitch to get up to fitness and he is looking sharper.

If Aarons is out maybe consider given Lazaar some minutes on the left hand side of midfield.

There is a massive difference between being over an injury and being match fit and it is our biggest problem at the moment.

3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Thought Palmer looked the more composed of the two yesterday (even played out of his favoured position.) If Reach carries on as he has over recent weeks maybe FF or Iorfa in front of Palmer?

4 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Lazaar

Reach

Bannan

Hutchinson

Aarons

Fletcher

Hooper

Quite like the look of that lineup especially the tried and tested Fletcher Hooper pairing.

They had a good understanding as a forward partnership when they were both fit and firing two seasons ago. 

Question is can they still do it consistently as age is catching up with both.

My only problem would be dropping Iorfa who is improving game on game and has an eye for goal.

By the same token it would be unfair to drop Palmer after stepping in effectively at left back.

So for me it’s best to leave the back four as is for now with Lazaar on the bench if/when fit. 

Will be handy to have a pacy left sided sub as and when needed.

5 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Lazaar

Reach

Bannan

Hutchinson

Aarons

Fletcher

Hooper

Iorfa doesn't deserve to lose his place in the side, so I'd swap him for Reach who does.

I do know he's not a winger, but he's already offered more on the wing in the last few games than Reach has

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Which is harsh on Palmer..but Iorfa is on a scoring streak...and with all due respect to Liam...he isn't

For me Palmer has filled in admirably, but for me maybe better used as cover for hutch in dm if injured, or if we rest Iorfa, both positions he's naturally used to. 

Bringng a natural left footer back in at left back makes sense as it brings fluidity and balance in allowing us to be more fluid. 

We're not conceding many goals at the moment so I wouldn't change it yet, and with Lazaar being on loan there's not much point in playing him back to fitness unless we remain in the hunt for a play off place. Be better off letting Palmer have more game time there if we're going to offer him a new deal.

If there's a chance we can get Lazaar permanently though that's a different story.

59 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

For me Palmer has filled in admirably, but for me maybe better used as cover for hutch in dm if injured, or if we rest Iorfa, both positions he's naturally used to. 

Bringng a natural left footer back in at left back makes sense as it brings fluidity and balance in allowing us to be more fluid. 

I too would like to see if Palmer could stand in for Hutchinson.

A long long time since he played there but I reckon he’d do better than Pelupessy.