Jump to content

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

FF is coming back from time out on the sidelines! Give him chance!

 

Reach was the worst player in the side yesterday, not FF. Reach gave several sloppy passes away and didn’t offer any attacking threat down the wing either, much like the game against Blackburn.

Agreed, give the lad a break. In and out of the side,court case hanging over him, we cannot expect him to be firing on all cylinders. 

As for reach,the most over rated player in the team, been awful for weeks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Guardian journalist trying to equate ff to John Terry re racism. T0sser.

I've just read this report and to be honest if he's said what they're saying he has there's no place for him at the club as far as I'm concerned. He cost £3 million and to be frank we've had £3 million's worth of football out of him. Hasn't been fit for two years and he just seems like more trouble than he's worth a lot of the time. Daniel Taylor is by a mile the best football journalist working in this country today, he's not going to make this sort of thing up just for clicks.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, manicowl said:

I've just read this report and to be honest if he's said what they're saying he has there's no place for him at the club as far as I'm concerned. He cost £3 million and to be frank we've had £3 million's worth of football out of him. Hasn't been fit for two years and he just seems like more trouble than he's worth a lot of the time. Daniel Taylor is by a mile the best football journalist working in this country today, he's not going to make this sort of thing up just for clicks.

If they're saying he said something that he denies saying..then the newspaper should be very careful imo... it's one man's word against another as things stand.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If they're saying he said something that he denies saying..then the newspaper should be very careful imo... it's one man's word against another as things stand.

 

There are a lot of "allegedlies".

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, manicowl said:

I've just read this report and to be honest if he's said what they're saying he has there's no place for him at the club as far as I'm concerned. 

Wow I find this sentence extremely worrying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, manicowl said:

I've just read this report and to be honest if he's said what they're saying he has there's no place for him at the club as far as I'm concerned. He cost £3 million and to be frank we've had £3 million's worth of football out of him. Hasn't been fit for two years and he just seems like more trouble than he's worth a lot of the time. Daniel Taylor is by a mile the best football journalist working in this country today, he's not going to make this sort of thing up just for clicks.

He didn't say it. There was a court case and everything that he started as an innocent man and finished as an innocent man. 

 

Just now, manicowl said:

 

There are a lot of "allegedlies".

There will be, cos there was no proof he said anything like he was accused of. 

 

Allegedly the journalist in question could have said all the things he says FF said. Without proof though it doesn't mean he actually did. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

Wow I find this sentence extremely worrying. 

This forum has a long history of posters who say stuff for reaction. Usually it's to sow discontent and get people to post stuff that makes the fanbase as a whole look bad. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

Wow I find this sentence extremely worrying. 

Why?

 

I said "if". Are you happy for a Sheffield Wednesday player to be firing off n-words on the pitch?

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

This forum has a long history of posters who say stuff for reaction. Usually it's to sow discontent and get people to post stuff that makes the fanbase as a whole look bad. 

How am I looking for a reaction? 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manicowl said:

How am I looking for a reaction? 

How did I say you were? Allegedly. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

How did I say you were? Allegedly. 

Excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, manicowl said:

Why?

 

I said "if". Are you happy for a Sheffield Wednesday player to be firing off n-words on the pitch?

Because you infer you are willing to judge based on hearsay. 

 

If if there was corroborated evidence of  racism then no, there is no place for that person at our club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, manicowl said:

Why?

 

I said "if". Are you happy for a Sheffield Wednesday player to be firing off n-words on the pitch?

No. Nobody in their right mind would be. FF was taken to court and proven not guilty. He didn't do it. 

 

I wouldn't be happy to have a murderer playing for us. Or an armed robber. I don't want homophobes representing my club in the field. Or rapists. Or perpetrators of domestic violence. Until its proven that our players are guilty of any of these things though I'm not going to make a fuss and start saying we should offload players because they might have done any of the above things. Even if a respected journalist writes an article about it for clicks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oldowl67 said:

Because you infer you are willing to judge based on hearsay. 

 

If if there was corroborated evidence of  racism then no, there is no place for that person at our club.

 

6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

No. Nobody in their right mind would be. FF was taken to court and proven not guilty. He didn't do it. 

 

I wouldn't be happy to have a murderer playing for us. Or an armed robber. I don't want homophobes representing my club in the field. Or rapists. Or perpetrators of domestic violence. Until its proven that our players are guilty of any of these things though I'm not going to make a fuss and start saying we should offload players because they might have done any of the above things. Even if a respected journalist writes an article about it for clicks. 

 

 

Then may I clarify:

 

Forestieri has been found innocent and therefore shouldn't be offloaded on the premise of these unfounded offences. I put up a hypothetical having just read Taylor's article which does in fairness make the whole thing sound like a very unpleasant, grubby situation which the club can do without. I wasn't looking for a reaction, I'm merely putting my two-pennoth in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manicowl said:

 

 

 

Then may I clarify:

 

Forestieri has been found innocent and therefore shouldn't be offloaded on the premise of these unfounded offences. I put up a hypothetical having just read Taylor's article which does in fairness make the whole thing sound like a very unpleasant, grubby situation which the club can do without. I wasn't looking for a reaction, I'm merely putting my two-pennoth in.

FF didn't bring this on the club because he didn't say the things he was accused of. If you're going to complain, complain about the Mansfield player. It's so obvious that if he had said the things he'd been accused of that every right thinking fan would want him out, so I'm not sure why the point needed making. It was so obvious it came across as stirring. Which happens on here a lot. 

 

Dont worry about it. Keep putting your two penneth in mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manicowl said:

 

 

 

Then may I clarify:

 

Forestieri has been found innocent and therefore shouldn't be offloaded on the premise of these unfounded offences. I put up a hypothetical having just read Taylor's article which does in fairness make the whole thing sound like a very unpleasant, grubby situation which the club can do without. I wasn't looking for a reaction, I'm merely putting my two-pennoth in.

 

So despite a court case clearing him you would rather believe a journalist and a story full of alleged statements.

 

However I fully expect the football authorities to go to town on us and give FF a long ban despite the fact that they, you and this journalist cannot prove the case either way and that to me is patently wrong.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can gather, all the article was saying was despite being dismissed in criminal court, there is precedence (John Terry v. Anton Ferdinand) for the FA to take independent action.

 

Wasn't necessarily hanging FF out to dry. Far from it in my opinion.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aussieowl87 said:

From what I can gather, all the article was saying was despite being dismissed in criminal court, there is precedence (John Terry v. Anton Ferdinand) for the FA to take independent action.

 

Wasn't necessarily hanging FF out to dry. Far from it in my opinion.

That was my interpretation...

 

Look, some people need to accept that, if the FA bring a charge against him, there is a reasonable chance that he will be found guilty.

 

That's because the FAs threshold for proof is on the balance of probabilities, as opposed to beyond reasonable doubt. That means the threshold for finding someone guilty is less than a criminal case. 

 

That's not saying Nando said anything (only he and the other bloke know), but, considering the current climate, I'd be pretty surprised if he's not hit with a ban/fine. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The FA/EFL are a private business.

They must surely be flirting with the wrong side of employment law with their non legal judge/jury bodge of a disciplinary arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...