Doesn't seem fit to me.

Perhaps the injuries have finally taken their toll?

When I've seen him, he seems a step or two slower. 

Interesting with him. Think if someone coughed up a couple of million we'd probably end up selling. 

In saying that, if you can get him somewhere close to his best, he's a great asset to have.

Tough one. 

Edited by SiJ

Shouldn’t start imo. He disrupts the balance of the side by trying to shoehorn him in, always been the issue back to the Carlos days. Talented, yes. But not a striker and wide left neglects his defensive duties.

Should come off the bench when we are looking for the win. Always said this. Not been at his best for 3 years. One we really should have sold after the Norwich incident, hindsight is wonderful though. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Shouldn’t start imo. He disrupts the balance of the side by trying to shoehorn him in, always been the issue back to the Carlos days. Talented, yes. But not a striker and wide left neglects his defensive duties.

Should come off the bench when we are looking for the win. Always said this. Not been at his best for 3 years. One we really should have sold after the Norwich incident, hindsight is wonderful though. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So good she said it twice

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeh that's how I see him now.

Impact player off the bench, and even then I'd put João , even winnal ahead of him 

Gotta be looking at fletch hooper as first choice pair now. 

100% needs moving on in the summer. Hasn’t been fit or consistent now since the 2 play off seasons. 

Getting him off the wage bill and getting a few million for  him could contribute to the likes of us getting Aarons and Hector.

FF's work-rate has mostly always been good while with us.

Not entirely sure why it gets questioned as often as it does, though perhaps it seems many have latched onto what CC said when hanging him out to dry a couple of seasons ago after he claimed he asked FF why he seemed to have started the season slowly and he said that it was due to the burden of his defensive duties leaving him with less 'henergy' for attacking.

I was surprised CC would even need to be told that more running would result in less energy, but I would also question why he even made this alleged exchange between him and FF known in the first place, although it was most likely to justify why he'd been playing him up front. Of course, it wasn't long before some fans were claiming that FF had demanded to play up front rather than on the left, but I reckon CC knew what he was doing.

10 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Not sure why he is being lambasted tbh,,, .. I think the focus should be on Reach out or some Boydy... 

Reach was horrendous today..... Sure he's carrying an injury..... Boyd    well what can you say... Shouldn't be anywhere near the side but we're so short in midfeild/wing it's frightning

He has constantly been injured for 2 years now.  

The one time in that period he really managed to string some games together was at the end of last season.  He was great and Wednesday got loads of points.

It is totally unrealistic and unfair for people to expect him to be anywhere near his best until he strings some matches together.

Will he ever do that? I don’t know but I don’t see why not.

Calls to sell him are crazy.  We wouldn’t get anything for him until he proves his fitness.  Over the years Wednesday have bought high and sold low far too often.

The calls to sell are especially mad when we’ve not seen what an experienced manager like Bruce can get out of him.

Let’s see what he looks like in 5 or 6 matches when hopefully he’s strung a few matches together.

• Like 1

Today we had 3 strikers out of the four who got on the pitch who were miles away from match fitness and it showed. FF was one of them. He is a player who relies on high tempo activity and he  wasn’t any worse than Hooper or Winnall.

As for anyone who wants him to play wide left in our current system then look at the amount of work that Reach, Aarons or Boyd get through and ask yourself whether you see FF doing it. 

The answer is no chance and it is a nonsense to suggest he could/would